US: Westworld

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Did you write the post 3 months ago and only just now hit the submit button? :p

i had them queued up then kind of forgot about it at episode 6 then just got round to watching the rest of them...mainly cos the wife was interested!

wait till I actually get round to watching all of Game of thrones!!!

Man of Honour
I'm on episode 5 now, I know they can't be hurt by guns but what about blades?

You have to kind of suspend your disbelief on that aspect heh - realistically it would be impossible to properly model the full effects of a gunshot as well i.e. misses target, causes collateral damage which causes something heavy to fall on a person or whatever.

Associate
Just binge watched season one (late to the party) me an the wife found this amazing great concept and good line up in acting, season 2 is due apparently in 2018 when roughly would this be on our screens in the U.K?

Soldato
Just binge watched season one (late to the party) me an the wife found this amazing great concept and good line up in acting, season 2 is due apparently in 2018 when roughly would this be on our screens in the U.K?

should be spring 2018, with no GOT next year you'd imagine Westworld will fill the gap for HBO. Sky Atlantic are usually a day behind the US iirc

Soldato
I'm halfway through a rewatch of season 1 before the new season kicks off. I've got to say that on the second watch this show becomes almost an entirely different experience. You start looking for all of the things you missed the first time around that should have pointed you towards the twists, conversations take on a completely different meaning and the motivations of the characters seem to shift too.

Really glad I decided to rewatch, I feel like I'm getting 2 shows for the price of 1

Soldato
I liked Westworld but felt it ended so it had a S2. I wonder what the ending could have been like if it was only meant to be 1 series and 1 story.

I think I'll watch S2 but only as curious and there's naff all else to watch that's any good.

I can only guess we'll have a kind of bladerunner kinda show for S2 where the fembot escaped and they get someone to track it down and maybe others if she helps free her kind through the show. With the odd backstory here and there for filler. I'd be pleasent surprised if it had more to it than that.

Hope they don't go back to Westworld too much like redoing a lot of the same and reshow characters all the time, they did that in S1 too much and got sick of it the back and forth stuff.

Not seen any trailers for S2 as don't want to be spoiled of anything.

Will be nice to see the outside of Westworld tho for a change, following what the black chick whatever her name was does when she escaped and it would be nice to see the tech and city scapes of the real world compared to what WW looked like. I wonder if any of the other "worlds" will be featured.

Still not as good as the old film with the malfunctioning robot gunslinger tho lol. Even if it is really dated and a bit cheesy, still seems better than the TV series.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom