US: Westworld

Associate
The first 3 or so episodes of the show were slow and then everything fell into place and explained most of my annoyances. Might not be the best writing in the world but it's one of the few shows I watch day 1.

Soldato
Just watched the previous episode, Charlotte is just a Mr Smith knock off now!

"don't these Humans *pause* just get under your skin?"

Good episode though, agree Aaron Paul did well this week, not usually a fan of his.

Caporegime
I'm not watching Season 4 (at the moment)

Seasons 2 and 3 were not very memorable if I'm honest.

I did spend 2 hours on YouTube over a few days just watching all of Anthony Hopkins scenes. The show really wasn't the same without him.

Soldato
I'm not actually sure what's going on this season...

Glad I'm not the only one. I think the writers ran out of ideas.

Too many random timeline scene changes.

I think they killed too many characters too abruptly, it all feels a bit rushed.Which is odd because a few of the previous episodes felt like not much happened??

I think the fact that it's basically done a full circle and gone back to the first season of Delores v Man in black has let the whole series down.

Where season 1 set up a potential series that would become iconic, the rest just fell into the modern formula-driven TV series production.

Last edited:
Soldato
Killed too many characters? Anyone who gets killed is back 5 minutes later!

They even said that most of them are stored in the Sublilme, so should the host brain, body etc be destroyed in anyway, there is a back up always available.

The only challenge/war i see is who will still be around to control the Sublime.

Soldato
Killed too many characters? Anyone who gets killed is back 5 minutes later!

They even said that most of them are stored in the Sublilme, so should the host brain, body etc be destroyed in anyway, there is a back up always available.

The only challenge/war i see is who will still be around to control the Sublime.

What was the door that was opened up? I've actually forgotten what that does. How will that impact the slime?

I see your point about coming back, I just thought that after all the build up it was just a bit lazy. Game of thrones-esque.

Soldato
It looked like the Garden of Eden, known as the Sublime, within the Forge that Ford created for the hosts to escape.

Think it was end of s2 when there was a big shoot out in the desert. The sublime opened up and loads of hosts escaped there.

The door that opened at the hydro plant looked exactly like the door from end of s2.

Soldato
Certainly set things up for S5 but they don't start filming until next March / April next year I think once HBO give the green light, MIB letting his inner gamer out this episode

"One last time around the loop" I hope we potentially get some sort of version of Ford back for the final season

Last edited:
Soldato
For some reason I thought that this was the last season. Given the ending I can't help but feel that this was just a filler season.

I'm sure their budget has dropped becuase some of the CGI in this series was pretty poor!

I'll probably watch S5 just to see how it all ends but the series has definitely been a let down.

Soldato
Hopefully this won't get renewed because it gets worse with every season. Season 1 was an interesting concept and I have been watching and hoping for something half as interesting as season 1 and it keeps building up and then fizzling out with the most dry irrational and uninteresting season endings.

Season 4 in particular was utterly pointless and motivations and plot for various characters make no sense.

This is giving me the same vibes as Game of Thornes ending. This season 4 ending just completely killed the whole show for me.

Season 1 was quite good though, felt like so much potential.

Soldato
Where did Bernard end up when he was talking about all the timelines and viewing all the different worlds? The guy he spoke to seemed to be in a different place/reality all together.

Back
Top Bottom