Wetherspoon general discussion.

I think, even now, you can occasionally get a passable pint for £2.

Yup I go reasonably often on a Monday night just for one, the guest ales are even cheaper on Monday because it's Monday club.

Some of them are really good beers and I think on a Monday are about £2 a pint, or not far off.

It's not my cup of tea, but some bloke drinks Worthingtons and gets change from a fiver for 3 pints.

My local Wetherspoons (or rather, the one that was my local when I lived in the UK) currently offers 56 beers of various types, I'm sure even your discerning selves could find something appealing from that.

Maybe something has changed in recent years, haven’t been since at least Covid struck. I just found the usual eurofizz and stock ales, no local brews.
If that’s changed, then cool. Still, certainly down the list of establishments I’d frequent.

You can get unlucky with a pint in any pub, even the most expensive! I would judge a pub on their reaction to me bringing a bad pint back and happily replacing it rather than serving one in the first place. Wetherspoons usually has quite a range of excellent ales. Also they’re being drunk at a decent rate which helps keep the freshness of cask ale. If you’re talking about the ones in airports and train stations then you might not get the best selection I suppose.

I thought their business model for alcohol was to buy in stock that was close to expiry date in order to sell it quickly? I may have my facts wrong though.

@SexyGreyFox

I listed all the ones I been to on the original post.

I'm waaaaaaaay short of 200!

It's possible I been to a few others others over the years but I'm confident on the ones listed.

Edit: The app has a thing where you can mark off all the ones you been to... I mean, of course it does!

Last edited:
Some JDW are very attractive like the ones in Harrogate, Tewkesbury, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Ilfracombe, Bury St Edmunds, Edinburgh Caley, Llandudno, London Knights Templar and Hamilton Hall.

Back
Top Bottom