Poll: What AM4 motherboard will you be getting?

What manufacturer AM4 will you be buying?

• Asus

Votes: 93 33.0%
  • Asrock

Votes: 66 23.4%
  • Gigabyte

Votes: 81 28.7%
  • MSI

Votes: 37 13.1%
  • other.

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
Associate
I was thinking hero or titanium. Would prefer msi as it looks waaay better than Asus, however watching some reviews of msi z270 boards I think I'm gonna go with Asus (msi fan software not allowing some of the fans to go below 50%, additional led lights on the motherboard that you can't control, they are red or green all the time etc).

Associate
Went with the Hero in the end. Was going to get k7 but had really laggy bios on last 3 giga boards and the m.2 drive is right under the gpu which seems a little silly for heat reasons.

Soldato
going Hero as well now, switched from the Gaming K7 after info on the identical Gaming 5's VRM cooling being poor. Might get one earlier than the K7 as well.

Associate
going Hero as well now, switched from the Gaming K7 after info on the identical Gaming 5's VRM cooling being poor. Might get one earlier than the K7 as well.

Where abouts did you see the Gaming 5s VRM review?

Just curious as I got one myself. Was either the MSI Pro Carbon or Gaming 5. Saw the gaming 5 for the same price as the MSI somewhere else and jumped on it but was never really confident I chose the right one :p

Soldato

couldn't actually see any details for VRM poor cooling ?? but to still hit 4.2Ghz on a 1700 where 1800x struggled on Hero and Titanium to go past 4.1Ghz with NB voltage and BLCK overclocking is great :D

1700 is the chip to have

Where abouts did you see the Gaming 5s VRM review?

Just curious as I got one myself. Was either the MSI Pro Carbon or Gaming 5. Saw the gaming 5 for the same price as the MSI somewhere else and jumped on it but was never really confident I chose the right one :p

If you have any issues with it, sure Gigabyte Reps on here would be happy to help :)

Soldato
I'll give a kidney(stones included) for literally any motherboard that's in stock.

I vendor is going to work on stock communication a bit better hopefully :)

Sorry, PWM. Wrong TLA :)

hopefull Bios updates for PWM controllers .

bit confusing as he states PWM and has a fan over the power phases.... does he means theres an issue cooling the VRM with the heat sink and is using a fan directly over it, or is he's rear exhaust fan and other fans working right to provide case with air flow....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom