What are my Ebay/buyers rights please?

Man of Honour
OCUK don't sell these so I think I'm OK.
I wish they did then I wouldn't have to put up with this crap.

Here's the item in question - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140391400615

It arrived on Saturday and I realised it wasn't working yesterday so I sent the seller a message asking how I can replace it.
This is the reply -

Dear dmpoole,

All the memory sticks are checked before sent, my advert states you have 3 working days from when you recieve your item to send it back to me. it has been longer than that.

Where do I stand?

Thanks

Soldato
It will be a copy. I bought a memory card off ebay a few years ago for a mobile phone. The 1st one they sent just didn't work in anything. The 2nd one would work to a point and then decide to scamble everything into hundreds of files.

Permabanned
Point out to them that it has in fact been 3 working days since you contacted them.

Saturday and Sunday don't count, only Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Complain to eBay about it, they should sort it out for you.

Associate
Like others have said start a dispute. I had to do this once and got it resolved in a couple of days.

One thing I would add, Given his response I'd get a refund rather than a replacement and buy from somewhere else or another seller, I think it will just be more hassle when he sends out another broken/fake card.

cheers,

Gordon

Soldato
Examine the memory card and do a bit of googling. There are tell-tale signs that cards are fake. Also the wording of the advert, well it says Sony and he hasn't sent you a Sony memory card.

Soldato
Check against the online fake checkers.

His feedback seems decent, though. However, if you paid by Paypal you can always start a dispute. Three days is a ridiculously short amount of time to offer a warranty.

Man of Honour
OP
It does look pretty good.
Where are the online fake checkers please?

DSC04265-small.JPG

Back
Top Bottom