what are people using these days for antivirus?

Man of Honour
I can't see that this ever got answered, and I'd like to know too...

I did see a demo of a product the other day that looked interesting - It's called deceptive bytes. Actually looked pretty good in action. Not at all signature based but does I think need to feed into a SIEM solution like UTM Stack, Microsofts Sentinel etc. Also it was pretty damn pricey.

Soldato
I did see a demo of a product the other day that looked interesting - It's called deceptive bytes. Actually looked pretty good in action. Not at all signature based but does I think need to feed into a SIEM solution like UTM Stack, Microsofts Sentinel etc. Also it was pretty damn pricey.

That looks quite nifty if all the buzzwords are to be believed. Another Israeli export, targeted to defend against APTs... like those sold by NSO. Israel: The cause of, and expensive solution to, all your endpoint defence concerns. :D The GUI for Darktrace looks very swish. How's its performance for you? Everything here is *nix based (mostly *BSD and macOS with some Linux thrown in) but I do like to keep up with the infosec/opsec/devops scene still.

Associate
I've been using bitdefender Free anyone know of anything better? some have suggested Avira and avast
I went back to avast for a bit but got annoyed within a day and switched back.
Avira ive not tried in years and AVG I assume will be the same as avast

I'm also using Malwarebytes is it worth upgrading to malwarebytes premium?
Isn't Bitdefender up there as one of the best? Did a quick Google Vs Comodo which I use and they seem quite close. I also use Comodo's DNS which is supposed to provide additional security on top.

Soldato
Isn't Bitdefender up there as one of the best? Did a quick Google Vs Comodo which I use and they seem quite close. I also use Comodo's DNS which is supposed to provide additional security on top.
Last time I checked it was but things change so I just wanted to check, also you dont have a lot of control which is both good and bad.

Associate
I have not used anti virus software since the release of Windows 7. I used a anti malware scanner until I upgraded to Windows 10 then I found the built in anti virus/malware is more than adequate. My dad uses Norton and he must have some patience, he's computer is slower than a stationery object!

Back
Top Bottom