What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Associate
Planetside 2.

There's nothing else like it now (closest was the old BF 2142) and after you've played it everything else just seems very small and limited.

It's still the best FPS out there in my view.

Soldato

Got back into Miscreated
And strangely Football Manager 2012

And a lot of WiiU games
Once again showing that age obviously has little to no bearing on what gaming hobbyists like to play, making this thread as pointless as it has always been.

Why isn't this thread closed down so people can just post in the general, "What are you playing" thread?

It's ridiculous.

Associate
I'm with you on winter gaming. when it's bright and warm outside feel guilty if not out and about or even just sitting in garden.

I go through phases with hobbies, totally obsessed for a few months then move onto the next one. Spring and summer mountain biking,motorcycling and photography take over.

Got to finish

The last of us, final fantasy, uncharted 4 on the PS4.
Black mesa, Metro last light and missus has just got planet coaster so she is hogging the pc.

No more games till all are finished,got £53 in my steam wallet and a £45 Game voucher that need using though.

I go to start/finish something and start Battlefield 1 instead and three hours have passed.

Associate
Update...

Currently playing some The Division, Ride 2 and Ember.

I bought Ember the other day on stream. It's a budget title at £6.99 and reduced at the moment to £4.89.

It's not a bad game at all for it's price. Being a budget title it shows with things like not all of the dialogue being voiced.

But I'm really enjoying what I have played so far.

Soldato
Gone back to the original Hitman. Completed this bad boy back in about 2000/01, but don't have as much time for gaming now and it's solid!

I was planning to beat this and then move onto the sequels, as I've never played any of them. Might be a bit of a wait...

Associate
Just started XCOM2 with a few mods at the moment. My first run through the game. I quite like the time limits on the missions. I normally get to play 2-3 hours a week and the missions provide a natural break point.

Soldato
H1Z1 : King of the Kill. Sinking far too many hours into this.
Miscreated : Think finally someone got the survival genre almost spot on.
Civ 6 : played all the other versions, feels like home.
Rocket league : Has that 'one more game' factor...next news its 2am...

38 btw.

Soldato
Old git here, 62, still going with Homeworld 1 & 2, all the crysis games, sands of Karak.
My son bought me for Xmas, COD remastered and Infinite warfare, frenetic at times but good fun.
I'm in the market for slower paced games now, especially like HW series, any suggestions?:)

Associate
Flight Simming mostly (Prepar3D)... yes, a real an old mans pursuit :D

Skyrim [still] - Doom [now and then] - Battlefront & Battlefield1 [for casual fun] - Witcher3 [still] ... Uncharted4 on the PS4.

Associate
Old git here, 62, still going with Homeworld 1 & 2, all the crysis games, sands of Karak.
My son bought me for Xmas, COD remastered and Infinite warfare, frenetic at times but good fun.
I'm in the market for slower paced games now, especially like HW series, any suggestions?:)

Try Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. Or Company of Heroes. Both great RTS games. COH highest rated RTS of all time and still played today on Steam.

Cheers

Von

Soldato
H1Z1 : King of the Kill. Sinking far too many hours into this.
Miscreated : Think finally someone got the survival genre almost spot on.
Civ 6 : played all the other versions, feels like home.
Rocket league : Has that 'one more game' factor...next news its 2am...

38 btw.

Do you have any favourite Miscreated servers?

Really starting to enjoy this game

Man of Honour

Currently playing FTL a lot along with Motorsport Manager.
Also going through Fallout 3, will then hit New Vegas and finally Fallout 4.
Got Skyrim installed installed too and played quite a few hours of that recently.
Oh yeah.... Just started Bioshock Remaster too.

Back
Top Bottom