What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Soldato
Rimworld, seems to be the only game that can keep me hooked at the moment. £2k well spent on new PC to keep playing a game that my 6 year old PC was perfectly capable of running :D I guess I did go from 2x24" screens to a 34" screen in centre with 24" screen either side.

NOP

NOP

Associate
My kids are now teenagers, so I'm catching up on all the movies and games I was too busy doing family stuff to enjoy over the last 15 years.

Done Crysis, working my way through Far Cry with Far Cry 5 next. Which is kind of handy to be playing retro stuff when I can't upgrade my GPU :)

Man of Honour
I've just started playing Fate, an old style dungeon crawler. Maybe it is old. I've no idea when it was released. Long enough ago to not support resolutions above 1920x1200. But the graphics are mediocre anyway, so upscaling doesn't really matter. The "story" is the usual thing. Magic dungeon with a village above it, you're the wannabe hero with a rusty knife and no armour who seeks fame and fortune by descending to level whatever and killing the evil thing of evilness, yadda yadda. Villagers have quests for some reason and magic items to give as rewards. Nothing new, but it's well done and there are a bazillion items and enchanting and all the usual stuff. Cost me £3 from GOG. Bargain bit of fun.

I bought an early access game too, which is almost always a bad idea. Becastled. Build up your village during the day, fend off attacks at night. I failed badly on my first game because I like to play that type of game at a slow pace, gradually developing my village/country/whatever. That won't work on Becastled because the enemy attacks every night and gains power rapidly. I don't think I'll like the game because of that. I discarded Tropico 5 for the same sort of reason - they removed immigration control so every game is a mad rush to keep your country as bad as possible without having a revolt (to keep immigration to a less catastrophic level) while rushing headlong at the scenario objective to get it done before your country is destroyed by excessive immigration. I was sorely disappointed after having fun with Tropico 3 and 4 and annoyed that the devs didn't even mention that they'd completely changed the game for 5.

Soldato
I'm still playing world of tanks. Mainly because it pays well on a 1050ti and the games are short. But it's not really worth playing, it's p2w and very broken because of it. It's very annoying tbh, and I'm pretty bad at it. I should really switch to War Thunder, but I can't really face learning a new game

Soldato
Playing Halo in order of the story, graphics are a bit poop but enjoying the gameplay, only on Reach so a long way to go yet, hopefully won't get bored before I get to the fourth as I assume that has the most modern graphics

Associate
Stopped playing Eve online, still glad I spent so much time on it.

Semi recently started wow again, but only really on when raiding.

Still very active on warzon, mw & cwbo waiting for the new battlefield.

Associate
31, playing Escape from Tarkov. The mechanics are excellent, but after the first 2 or 3 months of the wipe it gets a bit stale. Still in beta though so i’m holding hope!

Back
Top Bottom