What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Associate
I'm on my third playthrough of Baldur's Gate 3. Although having said that, I haven't actually completed the game yet. Both previous playthroughs I restarted around 2 thirds through as I don't want to complete the story just yet! Also playing Forza Motorsport on PC and Gran Turismo 7 on PS5. I'm using a controller for both but I must say I prefer the handling model and looser chase cam of Forza. Maybe because that's what I'm used to as I've only just started playing GT7.

Going to be moving house which will give me more space for a sim racing setup. I have assetto corsa competizione in my steam library but at the moment it's a bit of a faff setting the wheel up.

Soldato
Working through Halo MCC. Pretty epic. Never had an Xbox so first experience other than playing the original multiplayer at friends houses a *cough* few years ago…

Re-playing GTA IV now I got it running super smoothly, which was not possible at release or honestly about 10 years after that. Really good game, also have the expansions (Complete Edition).

Sometimes dipping back into Half Life and HL2 now that I got a high refresh rate monitor. Makes it even more enjoyable and both hold up so well, even if HL1 can be a bit punishing at times for short gaming sessions, which is what I assume a lot of us are working with.

Associate
Halo Infinite multiplayer to my surprise having a lot of fun playing this at 4K resolution, feel like my aim is better perhaps, and actually getting more kills vs 1440p (actually this applies to all fps games for me) feels like you have a decent advantage with mid to long range situations (especially with my screen size) and then the opposite if they're too close.

I've downloaded Hi-Fi Rush, Halo Masterchief collection (Just to see how it looks vs being a 12-13 year old again) and Shadow Warrior 3 all from gamepass just to see if there are any games I've looked over recently, and some games to try out over easter.

Soldato
Doom 3 BFG, hmm, oldie but goodie. Just wish the game looked a little bit better but the gameplay is still there, although quite old school fps. The only negative is that some levels are a bit confusing and it's easy to run in circles until you do the right thing.

Soldato
Still making my way through red dead redemption 2. It's been enjoyable and I'm looking forward to seeing the end.

Started rogue trader today, made my Character and made a start on tutorial. Don't expect it to be a BG3 beater but I'm sure it's gonna be a good Warhammer crpg with owlcats record.

Soldato
Still making my way through red dead redemption 2. It's been enjoyable and I'm looking forward to seeing the end.

Started rogue trader today, made my Character and made a start on tutorial. Don't expect it to be a BG3 beater but I'm sure it's gonna be a good Warhammer crpg with owlcats record.

Beat BG3 for me in many ways but at the most basic level I actually wanted, and did finish it :)
Abandoned BG3 after Act 2.

Last edited:
Soldato

Rogue trader was good. I ended up with 50 or so more hours on RT trader then BG3 and that was 180 hours :o though you missed out when officers were OP busted until few patch's ago in RT :p

It does not live up to the polish of BG3, later acts do not feel quiet as polished, then again BG3 is similar in that way, also builds with soooo many options can get a tad confusing initally but still very good in different ways imo. for me was an 8.5/10

Associate

Red Dead Redemption 2's story is something special.
still prefer the original and just found out they never released it on PC, they should bring out a remastered version, would sell well.

Back
Top Bottom