What book are you reading...

Soldato
Just finished "Seven Ancient Wonders" by Matthew Reilly. I love the Scarecrow novels and "The Great Zoo of China" is a book I'm desperate to see made into a film but this one (the first in the Jack West Jr series) is great. Essentially, it's like Indiana Jones in Raiders but hyped to the max. Utterly unbelievable stunts, crazy ancient traps, bad guys who's motives are so dark they're jet black and good guys who always win (but it's a grueling ride getting there). Just a bucket load of fun. :D

Soldato
Just finished "Seven Ancient Wonders" by Matthew Reilly. I love the Scarecrow novels and "The Great Zoo of China" is a book I'm desperate to see made into a film but this one (the first in the Jack West Jr series) is great. Essentially, it's like Indiana Jones in Raiders but hyped to the max. Utterly unbelievable stunts, crazy ancient traps, bad guys who's motives are so dark they're jet black and good guys who always win (but it's a grueling ride getting there). Just a bucket load of fun. :D

Sounds like my kind of thing, cheers.

Man of Honour

Yep, his stuff is fun, easy and over the top, but great. I want that library one made into a film.

Soldato
I haven't read "Contest" (the aforementioned library one) yet but I'm starting tomorrow but I did hear an interview with Reilly in which he says he shot a Pilot - some of it in his own basement. I looked it up on Youtube and, to my dismay, it's pretty awful. Hopefully someone will have one of those "I can do better than that" moments. :)

Associate
Just finished "Seven Ancient Wonders" by Matthew Reilly.

I started this last night, didn't get much into it as I was too tired but it's off to a flying start. BUT, why oh why must he use diagrams?!?!? That's one of my pet peeves. I've noticed he's done this in all of the few books of his I've read.

Associate
Ok guys, Hobbit finished. What am i moving onto next?

P1010247.JPG

Soldato
I thought the Way of Kings was a really solid start to a series, and the second book, Words of Radiance was excellent. Long wait for the series to continue though. Gonna be a long slog!

Associate
Now reading 'Slaughterhouse Five' by Kurt Vonnegut.
Really good anti-war novel, but man is the narrative confsuing with the main protagonist jumping backwards and forwards in time seemingly every page or two!

Associate

If you like those books, have a look at David Leadbeater's Matt Drake (and spin off) series (Kindle store only).
Over the top action and tomb raiding galore!

One of my favourite self-publishing authors. He manages to knock a new book out every few months - no idea how he manges it!

Man of Honour
If you like those books, have a look at David Leadbeater's Matt Drake (and spin off) series (Kindle store only).
Over the top action and tomb raiding galore!

One of my favourite self-publishing authors. He manages to knock a new book out every few months - no idea how he manges it!

thanks will give it a go, it's also on audible(well first two books).

Soldato
I'm reading the Peter James books still which I really enjoy.

Had hardly no time at all though recently so still struggling through a re read of Forge of Darkness so I can get into Fall of the Light, never waited this long on reading an Erikson book before.

Back
Top Bottom