What car do you drive and why?

Associate
Current Car: VolksWagen Golf S 1.6 5Dr 2000

Why: First car. Didn't buy it because it was a "Golf". I ran quotes on lower insurance group cars, and this happened to have a reasonable quote compared to the usual Fiestas, Corsas, Clios and Saxos etc. Actually a dream purchase for me personally because it's a family car and needed to be 5 doors to get my big dad in without too much hassle. Also has a big boot which was another selling point. The dealership was a 10 minute walk down the road as well, so made it all too convenient to snap it up.

Next Car: No idea but it will need to be economical and retain the characteristics of a big boot and 5 doors etc. Possibly something Japanese.. Toyota Prius? Probably just wait til I get offered a job with a company car!

Soldato
Current car 1: 1993 Astra
Why: First car, v'cheap and never done me wrong, just keep going and going and going.

Current car 2: '67 Mustang
Why: Dream car, could afford it, impulse buy... the looks, the sound..the era... now it's mine should be forever, classics rule.

Next car: Probably replace the astra with a 90's Mini Cooper or wait some time for a second hand 08' GTR. Mini's are really nippy and fun around Jersey though!

Permabanned
Next Fun Car: Holding onto cash atm due to high interest rates, constantly looking at Porsche 968 Clubsports.

Do it!!!!

Current car: N/A
Why? I'm in Brighton and I'm at Uni, so it's really not nessisery..

Next car: VX220 (hopefully a turbo)
Why? It's one of the most sensible cars I've short listed (out of the likes of delta intergrales, elises, Celica GT4s, Chimaeras, Evos, 968 CSs, S2000s, kit cars..)

Soldato
Current: 2005 Porsche 987S (Boxster) 3.2ltr

Why? Always wanted one, could buy it with cash, looks lovely, always gets compliments, sounds amazing and drives very well (seriously nippy....lol).

Next: Totally unsure. Either a 997C2s, or something classic like a 993RS. Perhaps even something dirt cheap.

Soldato
Current Car: Honda prelude 2.2l Vtec
Why: I'm a honda head and as my civic died and i couldn't afford a VTI i started looking at preludes, one came up that looked decent enough and in my price range so i snapped it up :D Loving it as well!

Next Car: We'll see when i get there

Associate
current car - 2002 Renault clio 1.2 sport
why? because my dad offered to buy me a car and best i could get from price range (only first car so needed low insurance)

Associate
Current car: BMW e39 540i - I am a BMW fanboy who won't use an M5 to it's full advantage.

Edit: It is also stupidly fast and can pull houses up hills, and better then the 520i I foolishly looked at.

Next car: Honda Insight, I just think they are cool beans! (note not a replacment for the 5 series, I will always have one).

Soldato
Current: Ford Mondeo ST220.

Why: A stop gap till I get my 1 yrs ncb back and then buying something much more interesting, it's quite boring to drive and you end up going fast with no effort :/

Next car: Lotus Elise 111R/Porsche Boxster or a Porsche 911 (996).

Neil.

Caporegime
Absolutely gorgeous colour :D I still have to sit in one of these to see if it's worthwhile buying one. Might have to see if I can get my legs shortened on the NHS ;)

They are awesome. No need to worry about the legs, im 6'4" and i fitted in one (not that i got to drive it though)

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Current Car: Classic Mini Cooper 1.3i.

Why? I looked at all the "normal" options for a first car, found them dull, uninteresting, and generic. Started browsing and set my eyes on a mini. It may not be the most comfortable, reliable, or cheap to run, but by god, it's good fun (done a couple of airfield sessions, and been out with step dad driving). Gave me something to do over the summer, learning a bit of engine work while I was at it.

MOT this week though..hoping nothing will stop it passing... then lessons...then maybe passed by christmas? Hope so!

Next car? Depends on insurance quotes. I'll probably keep the mini until at least the end of sixth form, and what I do after that will make my mind up.

Love the look and sound of FTOs and the like though...possibility mm. One day it'll be a TVR. One day. :p

Caporegime
Current Car : Vectra VXR

Reason why i own it ? i liked the styling on it, the 19 inch alloys, the bodykit and the trapezoid exhausts and most of all i liked the way it drove. Put your foot down and let the turbo kick in, and it genuinely shoves you back in your seat. People slate its handling, but ive gone round roundabouts quicker than i intended and seriously scared myself so its handling is more than enough for me.

All this while still being only a vectra and not attracting much attention, but at the same time being something a bit different to the BMW and Mondeo ST220 owners is what swung it for me.

Next Car :

Im very lucky to be in the position where there isnt another car i could reasonably afford to run that i want more with my current circumstances. Ive got a 5 year old and im the only driver in the family so a 4 door saloon as all im going to own for the forseeable future. The next step up from the Vectra would be something like an M5 or RS4, which im very unlikely to be able to afford to run.

Id never rest owning an impreza due to all the attention they get, so i honestly dont think i could replace the vectra with anything i liked more, unless i won the lottery and could start to afford to run an M5.

Associate
I drive this:

A Nissan 300zx Fairlady. Twin Turbo V6. Few mods on it, emissions crap removed, free flowing exhaust, boost controller etc. Looking at just under 400bhp.

Why?

Because it eats M3's for breakfast & lot's of rwd fun.

300zx-Exterior-5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom