What car do you drive and why?

Caporegime
Current Car: MG ZS 180

Why: Because I used to drive a in comparison for handling a complete boat, wasn't all that quick, it was bloody boring. Spent ages looking for another car, ideally I wanted something Jap and Turbo'd but for some strange reason insurance companies didn't like that :p - and someone mentioned a ZS180 to me, test drove one (after test driving loads of other warm hatches) and I just fell in love with it. It's raw but not too raw, very nimble, handles very well. Has a decent amount of power, love it.

Next car:Oooh toughie, I think it'll be a Scooby or a S14a 200sx :)

Soldato
Current Car: MG ZS 180

Why: Because I used to drive a in comparison for handling a complete boat, wasn't all that quick, it was bloody boring. Spent ages looking for another car, ideally I wanted something Jap and Turbo'd but for some strange reason insurance companies didn't like that :p - and someone mentioned a ZS180 to me, test drove one (after test driving loads of other warm hatches) and I just fell in love with it. It's raw but not too raw, very nimble, handles very well. Has a decent amount of power, love it.

Next car:Oooh toughie, I think it'll be a Scooby or a S14a 200sx :)

And you! Yes you! I'm sure you were always jacking off on here about how great your saab was?

Caporegime
Majority of women worth their salt don't give a stuff what car you drive. Maybe you try to pull with your car because you're lacking somewhere else easy. Who knows :p

Epic OT here btw :p

Yeah right!

Women are superficial but they just don't like to admit it.

They want nice things and sucessful males.

Its Human nature

Back on topic....

Soldato
Yeah right!

Women are superficial but they just don't like to admit it.

They want nice things and sucessful males.

Its Human nature

Sounds like you're meeting all the wrong types then. If any at all :o

Do many successful males come from Hull and like to pretend there 320d is something else with it's lack of badge and miniature engine then ;)

No?

That'll explain the 'In Denial' part then, read like a book :D

I'm afraid I have never met you Tom. I hope to come to a future RR day sometime. Hello anyway.

I do also, just move it 200 miles closer :o

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Current car: BMW E34 525i Sport

Why: My 325i got nicked and I needed a replacement car. This one came up at the right time and at the right price.

What next: God only knows. My past when it comes to cars has been all over the show! I'd really like something M powered next but I am constantly drawn to the 8 series...

Caporegime
Current Car: Nissan Primera GT
Why: Was on the look out for my first proper car with decent insurance. Had enough hot hatches and fancied a change and something that was not french (Owned to many and had bad experiences). Looked at many different mid sized cars. Mondeo ST200's, Vectra GSI's and even a Calrton GSI 3000. The Carlton was a hoot to drive but lacked the creature comforts i wanted. The mondeo felt a bit too soft for what i was after and didn't really like the V6. The GSI i tryed was fast but handled really bad. Too much weight at the front. Then i found the Primera GT. I picked up a mint arctic white saloon with 70k on the clock for around half of what the mondeo was. Was by far the best handling chassis of them all but not quite as fun as the RWD carlton. Infact it totally suprised me that car had both front and rear strut bars as standard (I thought they were aftermarket options added by the owner). Ended up spending my change on suspension and engine mods. Learned lots about engines too as it is my first real attempt at modifying a engine. Currently got the standard 150bhp lump up to 190bhp and still spending money and enjoying it. Plus i love the understatement this car recieves. Spent a few newer machines in the year and a half of ownership.

Next Car: Something jap, something in the 10-15k region leaning towards a Nissan Silvia S15. Gained a lot of knowledge from the SR20DE lump so playing with a SR20VE would be awesome. Plus again this car is rather rare so not many people would know what it was. I love exclusivity basically. Saying all that i know i would end up doing the sensible option and putting down a mortage :o.

Associate
Current Car: Peuget 306 Gti6 (Now mildly tuned to 197.5bhp :D)

Why: I was after a cheapish fun, fastish hatch. Brought the car cheap off of my brother (those years of selling him bikes cheap paid off!) Since getting it I have changed the suspension to Bilstein Sprintline (yellow) shocks and Eibach pro springs, and stiffer torsion bars. Still have to change the ARB's. The engine has been breathed on upping power from the standard 167hp to 197.6hp :D Plus a lightweight flywheel and crank pulley. Value for money its great. It handles superbly and I know it still isnt the fastest car but you can have serious fun in it, which is what it is all about.

Next Car: I'm just turned 30 and even though the pug is great the ride can be a little too harsh sometimes and the noisy exhaust can get on your **** a bit on long runs on the M-way. So more refined speed is needed. I have been keeping my eyes on BMW M3's E46 shape. Prices are down to about £12500 on some which only have 75k miles on!!! The slightly high inspection prices are something I need to think about, but as I only do about 5-7k a year I dont think they'd be an issue. Short of that it would have to be an E46 330ci though this car doesnt really give me the performance increase I'd like.

Associate
Current car: Alfa Romeo 159 JTDm 2.4.

Why: I am an Italian car nut and love it. I really got into diesels lately and this is probably the best ive driven.

Next Car: Something not particularly fast and more economical, but defiantly Italian.

Why: I am getting older now and find myself using a car soley to get from A-B. I used to go out for a drive just for the hell of it but now it just doesn't excite me.

Soldato
I may as well do a sensible answer too I guess :p

Current car- Octavia vRS.
Why?- Needed big boot for work, didn't want to dip below 30 mpg as most of my mileage is for work at a fixed 40ppm, wanted something with a bit of oomph, didn't really want to go older than 6 years old, only had £6k to spend (and ended up spending £6.5k :p ).

With it being mainly for work I was never going to be able to get a sports car or anything silly. I really wanted an ST220 but I also really wanted a facelifted one which I couldn't afford and wasn't overly fussed on their thirsty nature.

Next?- No idea. My budget will probably be similar, as will my criteria which leaves me looking at very similar cars so I do wonder what the point is in changing. Therefore I plan to keep it for another couple of years at least. Remap is now on the cards around December time to keep me interested in the old girl. If it was to blow up in a blaze of glory tomorrow and I had to replace it I probably would get another one (but in red :p ) as at the moment nothing beats it for my requirements. In 2/3 years I might be after something like an Audi A4 Avant with a diseasel lump or possibly the 2.0T petrol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Current car: Honda Civic Type R Ep3

Why: Because i couldnt afford to insure an Integra Type R

Next Car: Honda Integra Type R (DC5) or S2000 or Noble M12 or....

Why: Well i still want the Integra but, im starting to wonder if it will be a big enough step up for the Ep3 to be worth while getting, so the S2000 is my next choice, RWD fun using the same 2l Vtec. :) But, ive noticed for similar money i could get a Noble M12 which is 1 of my dream garage cars. Oh yeah, Lotus Elise/Exige is on the list as well, basically ive not got a clue what i want next... 20k budget in 12-18months time.

Last edited:
Associate
Current Cars:

Skoda Fabia vRS - Wanted to change from my 1.3 Fiesta to something with more poke. Read a number of good reviews, and believed the internet hype ( ;) ). Took one for a test drive and loved it. The dodgy colour seats pandered to my inner chav and it had OMG!!!1 DIESEL MPGs appeal. Mostly used by my missus these days as she commutes more miles.

Skoda Octavia vRS - Yes, another Skoda, another vRS. This time my missus wanted to change her old car for something smallish and diesel - the Fabia fitted the bill so I had ~£4.5k to spend on something for me. I liked the Fabia so the Octavia seemed a logical choice. Bigger, quicker and a good buy at this price.

Next Car:

No idea. Still want to get both cars remapped at some point so that should increase their longevity. I still have dirty thoughts about Monaros, and the new Superb 3.6 has got me interested - we'll have to see how they fare on the used market.

Back
Top Bottom