• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What card are you currently rocking?

Associate
OP
Not how it works.

Its just that less than 10% buy high end cards.
Obviously there are some people here that has a lot of money and are not the average consumer.
the 90% that does not buy a 7900xtx/4090 usually buys something else.

Forums skews the ratio and people come to believe fairytales even.

so, no your comment dont make sense.

using a 6700xt at 4k and its amazing and dont need a high end card for it.
It would also triple the cost without giving any benefit.

I wasn't asking the mass market I was asking the forum. The trend I stated is correct based on the replies so far.

It depends what games you want to play and at what settings. A 6700XT is not enough for recent AAA games at 4k at max. But if that's not what you want or need then fair enough.

Associate
OP
Only compared to the other RTX 40 series cards.

This. My A770 plays many games at 4k on medium settings at a very acceptable framerate and visual quality. I can crank all the settings on my 4090, but graphical settings do not make a game.

Agreed. But they're one of the perks of PC gaming over just going console.

Associate
OP
£1000 is still too much, I can see nvidia pricing next gen 80 series at £1000 and people would buy because its dropped price sadly I see people giving in so will become the norm

With AMD playing along then people either have to give in or give up on PC gaming sadly. Their current GPUs won't last forever. It seems AMD and Nvidia can afford to wait it out and absorb poor sales performance in the meantime (probably due to crypto and AI). So we're cornered.

Associate
OP
I'll buy used

Isn't the used market just as inflated? When I look used cards seem to be selling at 60-90% of new so hardly a good deal.

How have you found the reliability of used out of interest? The prospect of abused or even just worn cards makes me nervous.

Associate
OP
Nitro 7900XTX, she's a beaut

1000000398-01.jpg

Very nice build. Is the nitro worth it?

Associate
OP
I had a 4090 FE but realised its way overkill for what I play these days so sold it along with my 13700k and the Z790 motherboard. Had enough from the sale to buy a 7800X3D, B650E motherboard and a 7900 XT and still have a few hundred quid left over!

What did the 4090 go for? I can't imagine there are many on the second hand market.

Associate
OP
3090, day 1 release purchase. In September this card will be 3 years old! Spent it's entire life on water, hotspot and vram sits around 60c and core around 41-44c (depending on ambient) on gaming loads. Can't really fault it tbh, oh and no coil whine!

Wow! Very different, nice. Do you have pics of it in daylight?

Associate
OP
haha yeah, only need the 2 on the back of the case to cool the mobo VRM and the back of the gpu. System stays really cool, not heating issues like you can get with enclosed systems :D. Plus i really love the vertical stack layout, next case or frame will be the same i think.

And you've got a space heater for the winter! Sorted.

Associate
OP
Winter is amazing, literally keep warm in the office with the radiator connected to the rig. Can easily achieve 21c in the office without the heating on lol.

In summer, i've been tempted to hang the radiator outside but im worried the neighbours will give me a funny look, like im some sort of mad scientist :cry:.

Lol. But the whole thing in the fridge. The cables will fit out the bottom.

Is dust an issue?

Back
Top Bottom