what causes an aera to be bad....

Associate
basicaly were having this discusion at work because of the " whats bristol like thread" we were arguing about what makes an aera bad...... i.e my grandparents were from slough, it was a really nice aera back in the 50's but now its a hell hole full of eastern europeans and indians, with a takeaway or fried chicken joint on every corner, rubbish everywhere, tatty cars, run down housing and groty looking people moaping about... but my question is what are the causes of this.... what turns a nice area into a dump , the people ,the council , ???

discuss..:)

Soldato
Incorrect use of the comma typically, followed by the rapid decline of all other punctuation skills.

And to answer your question properly, people with no respect for other people or their property.

Soldato
1 The police need better laws to deal with bad people.
2 The council should make people keep there area clean.
3 The council should spend more on cleaning up as well.
4 Stop putting all the crap people in one place because they dont give a dame.

Thats just a few, In FL if your grass in to long you will get a fine.
If you cause trouble then its straight to jail and a and a big Fine.

This stops most of it.

Associate
Basically we were having a discussion at work started by the "what's bristol like" thread. We were arguing about what makes an area bad - i.e my grandparents were from Slough, which was a really nice area back in the 50s. Now its a hell-hole full of eastern Europeans and Indians, with a takeaway or fried chicken joint on every corner, rubbish everywhere, tatty cars, run down housing and grotty looking people moping about. My question is, what are the causes of this? What turns a nice area into a dump? Is it the people, the council?

Discuss...:)

That was weirdly satisfying.

Soldato
My god man, tell me English isn't your first language if you can't spell area, at 31 lol.

But back on topic, I think the people in any area are what makes it good or bad. Good people will keep the place clean, not start trouble etc, the opposite for bad places.

Permabanned
It is hard to say what the cause is, but no jobs play a part and it is a downward spyral. That is an excuse for the area though, not the people. everyone has the oppertunity to work hard and move out if they want to plus there is no excuse for keeping a sofa in your garden etc.

Last edited:
Permabanned
My god man, tell me English isn't your first language if you can't spell area, at 31 lol.

But back on topic, I think the people in any area are what makes it good or bad. Good people will keep the place clean, not start trouble etc, the opposite for bad places.

Please tell me you know R and E are next to each other on the keyboard at 31!

Soldato
Education, Employment, Salarys, Pollution, Immigration(no im not being racist, but generally all them getting shot in one place isnt good, they should be spread around equally throughout the country, actually joining the rest of the population) house prices.

Back
Top Bottom