What condition is your phone in? Do you drop yours often?

Associate
I have an LG G7+.
It's never had a case or screen protector and is a 2 nearly a 1 but it does not give up and it gets a fair amount of drops and slides.
Solid phone and I will miss it. It still plays Wild Rift so I'm happy.

Associate
On a Samsung s20 fe 5g at the moment. All phones prior either a high 4 or a 5.. I can't stand a scratch screen. Drives me mental. So screen protector on and case on all phones.

Soldato
I don't like cases, don't understand why people spend hundreds on great design then bubble wrap in huge chunky cases.
For me, it's precisely so I don't drop it in the first place.
Most modern phones are too thin and smooth for my large hands so I use an Otterbox case, which gives loads of protection, but also decent traction and enough bulk to get a proper grip on.

Soldato
All of my phones get screen protectors put on them and a case as well. I've only ever dropped one phone that didn't have a case on and that was when I always put them in cases. I use a thin case at home and a big bulky one for work.

Associate
Id say mines a 4.5, only mark on it is on the top corner of the metal band around where somehow the case has scuffed as ive taken it off and on to clean it.

I tend to always have screen protectors and thin hard cases like a lot of others here. Gotta have protection yo

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
I don't like cases, don't understand why people spend hundreds on great design then bubble wrap in huge chunky cases.

Well, some phones are too sleek and slippery. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they were intentionally designed that way so that people buy cases from the main manufacturers, then the phone company gets a cut.

My last smartphone was a Nokia Lumia 820 which I used without a case. I dropped it and the screen smashed, and I had to pay to get it replaced.

I then dropped it again, the screen smashed and it became unusable. I didn't want to pay again to have it replaced so I moved on to dumbphones for a few years.

Some phones are just electrical bars of soap waiting to be dropped.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
All of my phones get screen protectors put on them and a case as well. I've only ever dropped one phone that didn't have a case on and that was when I always put them in cases. I use a thin case at home and a big bulky one for work.

So you change cases depending on where you are?

Permabanned
Always use a case but never a screen protector, current phone is only four months old so currently a 5 (though has been dropped a few times), previous phone is actually 3 years old and still a 4.5 despite being dropped plenty. :cry:

Associate
i don't have a screen protector , but I do use a case. Pretty good condition so far. it was only a £15 leather one off Amazon. Can't complain. I drop it quite often.

I've never used a screen protector but have used a case on most phones.

2010 - Samsung Galaxy 3 (not S3) - grade 3 - this was the only phone that I have dropped onto the floor
2011 - Samsung Galaxy SII - grade 4 - still got it!
2013 - Samsung Galaxy S4 - grade 5 when I sold it
2015 - Samsung Note 4 - grade 3 - I fell into the sea with it but it still worked (LOL), and sold it on ok
2017 - Samsung Galaxy S8+ - grade 3 with lots of scratches on it when I sold it
2019 - Samsung A70 - grade 5 when I sold it
2020 - Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra - grade 5 - my current phone

Before 2010, I had 2 Nokias, 2 Sony-Ericssons and 1 LG and they all sold on fine as around grade 4.

Associate
Don't usually case my phone, will skin it at most.

But I fell in love with the official leather case for the Note 20 Ultra so have rocked it for a while, even clean it with proper leather cleaner once a month.

Back
Top Bottom