What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Back wheel off today, was planning on taking the rear brake caliper off and cleaning it up, copaslip on the pin threads, clean the pins, etc.

But, with a single sided swing arm the bolt I need to get to to undo the caliper bolt is between the chain and the disc, so I can't get to it.

I'll leave that one for Triumph then.

Got about 1mm of the groove left and service is in May, so might just ask them to replace pads for me while they're at it.

Soldato
Those leovince pipes ain't bad for new,but if your patient I'm sure a good set will crop up on ebay

@craig so you have to get the wheel out to change pads?

Yep, single sided swingarm, the caliper sits behind the wheel, so between the wheel and the chain/rear sprocket.

2 min job to take the wheel off though as you don't have to take the chain or anything off with it.

Soldato
Just fitted my tomtom power cable, I was going to lift the tank but I've just attached it to the connector block under my seat I'd already installed (connected to a relay) and it's poking out from under the front of my seat on top of the tank, as I'll only really be using it with a tank bag so that'll hide the wire. Then when I don't need it, seat off and tuck the cable under the seat. Job done, 5 minutes :D

Soldato
Hmm, noticed earlier the cover has fallen off my left indicator and gone missing and 3 of the LEDs inside have stopped working. Not impressed considering they're R&G (supposed to be good) and only had them 6 months.

I've put the orange covers on for now which actually look alright. Hopefully they will send out a replacement without having to send the broken ones back!

Caporegime
Hmm, noticed earlier the cover has fallen off my left indicator and gone missing and 3 of the LEDs inside have stopped working. Not impressed considering they're R&G (supposed to be good) and only had them 6 months.

I've put the orange covers on for now which actually look alright. Hopefully they will send out a replacement without having to send the broken ones back!

they were good to me regarding numberplate light;)

cant beat buying some cheap Chinese crap:p

Soldato
You should live in a better place then :p

Italian service for you, I bet most of that time is taken up by their coffee breaks before posting it.

Greatest country in the world. ;) I'll give them an email and see if they'll offer an express delivery, i'm not waiting 3 months for delivery. :p

Soldato
Just finished cleaning my chain, adjusted it, re-lubed, full clean, lube in various other places.

Also opened the pandoras box of bikes - the front sprocket cover :eek:. Cleaned out all the gunk I could.

Back
Top Bottom