What did you do to your bike today?

Man of Honour
Some of this:

Z.jpg

That's a bit of an off topic post :p

Man of Honour
That's a bit of an off topic post :p
Er, it wouldn't have been if the forum hadn't eaten half of my post :confused: I must have pasted over the text below the image when I copied the url!

In summary:

Changed the fork oil
Cable tied the plastics on yet again
Threw it around over some rocks
Brought it back and washed it down and found I have a gearbox leak :(

Soldato
Little bit of a squeaky bum moment this morning. At the junction on my private lane I decided to gun it. Changing to 2nd the front came up and when it touched back down the bars flapped side to side about 4-5 times. All over before I had time to think about it let alone react

Associate
Posty just delivered this for the aprilia.. Austin Racing GP1R

IMG_20170808_093847_01.jpg

Will fit it later on to check all is good, but it won't be staying on as I've the race ecu on the way, once everything is here I'll be booking it in for some rolling road work.

Soldato
That's going to hurt your ears, I've actually been thinking of swapping the akra shorty to something I can fit a baffle in, it really is too loud for long term riding.

Man of Honour
Posty just delivered this for the aprilia.. Austin Racing GP1R

IMG_20170808_093847_01.jpg

Will fit it later on to check all is good, but it won't be staying on as I've the race ecu on the way, once everything is here I'll be booking it in for some rolling road work.

You'll lose some torque with that as the Aprilias don't like short cans.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Having my first service (600 miles) done as I type. Baking hot and in my textile trousers.... swimming :(

Associate
Rode my gsx-f1250 to work in the rain, which I don't usually mind, only to receive a call from the garage I use for tyres, to tell me his bike man has failed to turn up for work....so he can't do my puncture today. That's about another 20 miles tomorrow with my back tyre full of tyre weld....which I rather wouldnt have to do, especially given conditions, as it just doesn't feel right ....unless that's just psychological.

Soldato
Is it just a slow puncture? I ran with Goop in mine for a while and it felt fine. Not sure about tyre weld though, I have heard bad things about that from car people. Goop is simple water based stuff laced with rubber so the pressure basically seals the hole.

Currently running on a Gear Gremlin puncture repair that I did on day 2 of my Scotland tour. It's lasted almost 2k miles so far :p

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gear-Greml...1-spell&keywords=motorcycle+punctuyre+repaire

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Goop-Punct...e&ie=UTF8&qid=1502209307&sr=1-1&keywords=goop

I'd only use Goop again for a tiny slow puncture that I couldn't find, otherwise just repair with a plug from the outside.

Man of Honour
Used goop to seal a slow puncture in my rear for a few hundred miles as it was almost tyre change time anyway without issue.

Just booked in to have a chassis set up on Friday afternoon. Basically a fancy way of saying I'm having my sag, preload etc. Done properly.

Man of Honour
Nice one, one of the best things anyone can have done on their bike.

It's been sat in the back of my mind for ages but I've just never pulled my finger out.

The place I'm having it done offers a full tuning day ride out as well. So they'll take a group of about 10 riders out for the day around a preset route after doing an initial rough setup in the morning and then they'll stop throughout the day tweaking it as you go to get it exactly how you feel is best. Whichis only around £50 but I think that's a little beyond my riding :D

Associate
Is it just a slow puncture?....

It was a chunk of swarf (from work car park) that was embedded in the groove of the tyre. I almost bought one of those sets from my bike shop (Streetbike) when I found the puncture on sunday, although it was £28....however the guy told me they are only a temporary fix, so didn't bother. Thanks for that link though, will no doubt grab one of those for the future.

Soldato
Bled the clutch again to see if I can get the Rekluse to fully disengage with the clutch lever... and it does! yay!

If you have a dirt bike and no Rekluse... get one!

Also ordered the light blue KTM racing sticker kit

Soldato
It's been sat in the back of my mind for ages but I've just never pulled my finger out.

The place I'm having it done offers a full tuning day ride out as well. So they'll take a group of about 10 riders out for the day around a preset route after doing an initial rough setup in the morning and then they'll stop throughout the day tweaking it as you go to get it exactly how you feel is best. Whichis only around £50 but I think that's a little beyond my riding :D

SSR suspension?

Decent fella Mark, use him to set up my track bike at the start of a season.

Back
Top Bottom