1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your bike today?

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by edd1e, May 3, 2012.

1. tom_e

Man of Honour

Yep that's the one.

2. whyscotty

Sgarrista

Hit the 1000 mile running in, time to unleash :D

3. Kreeeee

Caporegime

Why is the run in period unusually long for your bike?

4. Craig321

Capodecina

My Speed Triple was also 1k miles

5. unKle

Hitman

Street Triple also has a 1000 mile break in period.

6. EVH

Don

Adjusted the throttle cable play for the first time. Didn't realise there was anything wrong with mine but I knew 2 inches of slack wasn't "right" :p

Downside is that I used a lot from the top adjuster.

7. tom_e

Man of Honour

Dropped into SSR this evening 15 minutes later i'm off with my sag set correctly as that's as adjustable as the SV is. Only charged me a tenner.

The bike now drops into corners much more readily and generally feels a bit nicer, I'll take that for £10. He also recommend 20w oil in my forks which only have 10w in at the minute to slow the rebound so that's on my list of bits to fiddle with.

8. TallPaul_S

Soldato

Got myself a pair of RST Tractech EVO-R gloves
    [​IMG]

My Held Racetex gloves are lovely and waterproof but even though they're meant to be vented they have a kevlar lining which means in hot weather they're sweaty as hell! The RSTs vent directly to your skin, no lining so you can feel the cool air rushing through when you put your fingers out straight :D

They go well with the rest of my leathers/gear :D:p
    [​IMG]

9. Diddums

Capodecina

Are you the Paul on yesbets or not? Otherwise I've made myself look a bit dim to some random stranger on the internet.

Again.

10. TallPaul_S

Soldato

Might be ;):D

Yeah that's me, I actually forgot to reply - sorry! Just finished my latest round of yesbets, up to £500 profit now :D

11. Diddums

Capodecina

Ah cool. I was just getting some bets on when Sky went down, taking my phone and broadband with it. Currently on hold, I feel sorry for the people dealing with this, on the night of the league kick off too :rolleyes:

Anyway, this isn't the thread for this, just had to have a little whinge. As you were :D

12. whyscotty

Sgarrista

Ltd to 4k for the 1st 600 then 6k till 1000 mate.

13. TallPaul_S

Soldato

Test fitted all the luggage for the Alps, glad I did as it took a bit of working out to get my tent and waterproofs strapped down properly.

[​IMG]

I thought the VFR was heavy without luggage... :eek: I've gone up 2 'turns' on the rear shock preload as it was sagging a whole lot with the luggage and me on it, and it's not even fully packed yet... :D

14. Craig321

Capodecina

There's no way you'll get that Kriega kit on there so freaking neat again :p

15. TallPaul_S

Soldato

:D The kriega stuff is the easy bit, I've got a well practiced routine to strapping that on now!

Just weighed my luggage and it's going to be around 20-22kg in total, that takes the total bike weight up to about 250kg with fuel... :eek::D

16. Craig321

Capodecina

Not sure if you've toured with Kriegas before, but make sure you squeeze the air out as you're rolling them closed otherwise the air escapes throughout the day and they'll start moving about and get looser and looser.

17. TallPaul_S

Soldato

Yeah the fuller they are the better, I've done a few miles with them though :D;)

Can't believe this was just a year ago... seems like ages. :(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Craig321

Capodecina

Nice :D

19. The_Abyss

Sgarrista

From my experience in Europe this year, the packing never gets better than Day 0, and everything expands after that. Tired, hungover mornings, wet gear all means more space. I countered this by a planned discarding of old underwear as the trip went on, but this was more than countered by adding a few bottles of wine...

20. TallPaul_S

Soldato

Ha, I don't plan on picking up any extra luggage enroute :D

Space was tight last year for 5 days away but with the tent on top that's given me an extra 15l of space to play with.

4 days left at work now, then a few bits to do on Friday (wash the bike, buy some Euros/Swiss Francs), pack the bike up Friday night, stick it in the garage and leave at 6:40am Saturday morning, in France by 8:30am (9:30am local time) ready to pound the autoroute for about 5 hours...