What did you do to your bike today?

Man of Honour
Bought a new one :o

27IVmBZSTSfxZvQxLkNhziyqz7W7GQibBPEY4g6hiJXVGifUMdfzSxe3NA_UyGsrzH5rIxWR9Ulohi084282ttNYo2eEpp1CwxCNEVFDpuoCMZUDNmHNZwETcNRcUza1IZ_2NeJNB2U5QviiXpuNwEKmKKI3wMvXL4_-I7y77XaK7rJ5VY4SAbwpVWzIg8W9rp1QM1yA3CwsnDW3BxFv_wmtVzf8Dzn4p41bWaubqWRX4gMYtsz6WdbkU-GVUCQ72exTv4FlI84YVe_pjqem_z8GltkM5aGfIRjlE3pVVNMHTudLSnlxPO6od1N8vo3HpNPU0pIlLIsZAWKMJyAzeAKcDYANS54qPnneynmcYoKVVOOtuu4F25bUIOH2iNhw56djOeeSLXQu5tbuL594D8XKDWftgTGMOqwGYTeVB23C-s2IFTWUidO2iBdmNrMzo10uG0orxB7BnT_j19boa0XR1f-RNn91ZG4vYc91QAVWHUeCIWKpxkdKAGOCmYET11gBPSZY_LmrwegR6wUqQnlzfLz2QUtQFe4e4xC-tpbotNflResYYzz8V1MrPhOxdUeB6yBaCj6SZTwpI7LfzNGZUEmE0BNR6j6NeXX5Enuuf5fqtkcE=w1059-h794-no

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Can't really see in the pics, it's a water cooled engine but is there a fan to assist the radiator? Obviously trials bikes don't tend to reach high speeds so I'm just wondering how the cooling works.
Yeah, it's a water cooled 2 stroke with a thermostatically controlled fan.

How does the cooling work? Not very well. They don't cool brilliantly at speed, which is fine for sections but if you go for long blasts like you do on the Scottish Six Day Trial you can quickly run into overheating issues.
Some aftermarket companies make beefed up water pump impellers to help with the problem but I don't know in reality how effective they are. The impeller in my Beta for example is about the size of a 50p piece, and the bike itself only holds about 600ml of coolant.

Caporegime
Yeah, it's a water cooled 2 stroke with a thermostatically controlled fan.

How does the cooling work? Not very well. They don't cool brilliantly at speed, which is fine for sections but if you go for long blasts like you do on the Scottish Six Day Trial you can quickly run into overheating issues.
Some aftermarket companies make beefed up water pump impellers to help with the problem but I don't know in reality how effective they are. The impeller in my Beta for example is about the size of a 50p piece, and the bike itself only holds about 600ml of coolant.

Cool, thanks for explaining. When I used to tune mopeds to within an inch of their life we used the radiators from the old Ford Fiestas as they were the perfect size and very easy to mount. Worked brilliantly. Is it worth considering a larger rad?

Soldato
That's the dolomites done, we're at lake Como now for a couple of days.

The dolomites are truly stunning. Awesome scenery and astonishing roads just minutes away, I could quite happily stay there for a week just riding the local roads.

The ride to lake Como today was long and sweaty, it was 32 degrees at one point. We did the stelvio pass, the northern side has the tightest hairpins I've ever seen, enjoyable but the south side is much more open, much better to ride.

Here's a photo from the dolomites to keep you going, this was the Giau pass. I've taken so many pictures, will post a load more when the trip is over :D

Back
Top Bottom