What did you do to your bike today?

Man of Honour
Nothing wrong with that! If you double blip instead (no clutch) it just "pops" the back wheel up over the rock instead of dragging it over. Means you can approach it slower if you need to as well instead of using momentum to carry the wheel over.

Try the rock about 20m to the right - it's the same shape, perhaps a little bit taller - just to the right of the big concrete pipe on the same section of land.

Another good one to try out is:
Go to the last section on the right just before the little bridge. There is a conrete tube with a little kicker rock, you can use that to go up and over the tube and down the other side. If you can do the one in your vid you should be able to do that one.

EDIT
This one:
j0adzs.jpg

I'll keep an eye out for you down there, probably be there most of Sunday - I'll keep an eye out.
There is a training day Saturday but I can't go. It's good to ride with others who are developing at a similar rate to you because you can push each other a bit to try things you might not otherwise.

For example I really want to have a crack at some of the big climbs right round the back but I could do with a spotter to catch the bike if I bin it 2/3 the way up.

Last edited:
Associate
Yea those hills are steep and long, the one with the near vertical piece of concrete gets me, how do you work up to doing that?

Just came over for the afternoon as work is quiet, the one to the right of the big concrete pipe is good, only spooned it a couple of times when I was too late to lift the front.

Also braved a few in the section of pipes to the right as you come in. Not tried the one in your pic yet, I'll eyeball it a few more times before trying!

Soldato
Are you in a remote forest? :o :p

My garage at the moment has no power because of modifications friends garage has an engine rebuild we are working on so went back to when we were younger outside and a tarpaulin cover over the washing line because it was raining we have many jobs lined up so needs must :)

Associate
So here's a fun one - after my service at BMW and my 10km home, went to wash the bike this morning quickly and found an engine bolt fell into my hands (one that holds the fame slider on the right along with the engine). It's a Tx50 that's supposed to be at 38nm. According to BWM they don't touch this bolt during the service so must be 'bad luck' and I guess their service check is worth ****....

They where kind enough and 'checked' all my frame and wheel bolts when I came back this morning.

What Beemer? If it's a Boxer then a bolt check should be scheduled at every set of lights :)

It's not the first time I've heard of bolts dropping out. On my RR Nine Elms do a bolt check at every service (that's what they told me anyway).

Soldato
What would cause a loud screech almost as what you'd imagine a stone getting stuck between the pad and disc would sound like but it only ever happens when pulling away on an incline?

So for example I come to an incline, apply front brake, stop bike, slowly release front brake and pull away. Never happens on a level surface.

I regularly maintain my calipers, pins, pads and pots with the relevant cleaners and anti seize (copper grease) so it's odd that it's happening all of a sudden. The wheel moves freely when up on a stand with no snagging. It's definitely coming from the front brake.

Difficult to diagnose because it only ever happens when I'm on an incline and moving.

Back
Top Bottom