What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Not far off then!

Haha, I just assumed Ace was a millionaire :p

But R1 was obvious I thought from his other post, Faired, he's not going to downgrade in terms of performance from the R6, dealer was going to sort the R6 issues, would be surprised if a non Yam dealer would do this...

Nice bike though! Whats the headlights like on them, always wondered what they are like on the road.

Soldato
I wish I was a millionaire, finance is a wonderful thing :p Plus I got such a good deal because it's a 2016 model with 0 miles.

Headlights are surprisingly good, not a scratch on my HID set up on the R6 but more than sufficient, plus they look awesome.

Still searching for a pipe... they seriously vary in price

Soldato
Its not that loud, one of the guys had a red s1000r with decat pipes and akra (no baffle). It popped, crackled and shot flames like mad. :D

Yeah and how long did you stand next to it? Try riding one for a few hours and then tell me it isn't loud. I think after owning one for 4 months i can say if it's too loud or not.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I was chasing it, but even though I was squeezing everything out of the SV there was no chance to stay behind him for long. :p It wasn't that loud though, the Tuono he had before with racefit stubby was much louder.

Soldato
All packed up and ready to go. Just need to stick the top box on in the early hours on Saturday morning and then smash through 450 miles to Trier in Germany. Chuck the top box in the hotel and then a warm down with a little late afternoon ride through the Moselle valley :)

A short trip so a very light load this time around. Waterproofs strapped to the pillion, and drone, toiletries, camera and change of clothes in the top box. Last overnight trip of the year for me, just hoping the weather holds out.

7qXIxhH.jpg

Yes, garage is a complete mess.

Soldato
For $594 I can deal with the looks for now, that's cheaper than most midpipes and this comes with one!

REALLY needs a tune, the off/on throttle abruptness is seriously difficult to live with, no idea how people can go around a corner with it like it is

Man of Honour
Cleaned and waxed it this morning to remove about 2k miles worth of commuting muck. I reckon it'll be filthy again by the end of my first commute back on Tuesday :(

Soldato
So went to put the exhaust on and I got a bad batch of midpipes, the hanger isn't high enough to mount it and it causes the muffler to touch the rearsets... so stock until that gets replaced.

Have various other parts coming though

Soldato
Put an integrated tail light in (smoked, really goes with the color scheme) and a fender eliminator which looks sweet. Need a license plate light though.

Also swingarms spools and fork protectors, need a huge allen key for the frame bolts for the sliders :(

Soldato
Just lubed chain up and tyre pressures etc. First time I started it for over 2 weeks and fired up first time no problem :) That said, on inspection i realise how horrendously filthy the bike is :( Not as in dirty on the fairing. As in, so much gunk and **** collected up over the past 3 years from old chain lube and stuff just settled on the rear shock and behind the rearset and stuff :(

I also had a quick thought about going to look at an S1000RR at a dealership :p

Soldato
MOT yesterday for the Hornet. Passed without any real problems :D

o_1bru9rh4hmng3lh1u571dch9uha.PNG

Associate
Booked mine in for service and MOT at the end of the month.

Was supposed to be a big 24k miles service according to the service book, but the service manager has said that as I only have 17.5k on it its not worth doing yet so they are going to split the work to be done between this service and the next one so halving the cost that I was expecting and as they are doing the service will MOT it for free at the same time :)

Soldato
The biggest job on the 12/24 service is valve checks which rarely need doing anyway unless you run at red line all the time. If you had them checked at 12 then it porbably isn't worth doing again yet

Back
Top Bottom