What did you do to your bike today?

Man of Honour
Wish I was young enough to have another go at biking. Don't say 77 is still young - I can assure you it isn't.

thanks
Sorry for you mate :( Age is part of the reason I recently got a license and bike. I realised I have about 15 to 20 years window left to do it. So I went for it.

Edit: Typo.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wish I was young enough to have another go at biking. Don't say 77 is still young - I can assure you it isn't.

thanks
I ride with a guy on and off road and he’s 80+ year old. He’s steady pace wise but I’ve never seen him fall off. He has ridden all his life though and gets out way more often than I do, usually once a week.

If I can get to 80+ I’ll be amazed, if I can still ride a bike I’ll be even more amazed!

Soldato

Got some high temp paint on the water pump and got a cover for it, also got the headers cleaned up, spent quite a while cleaning the bike, will be givng it some ACF50 soon.

Soldato
Finished rebuilding the RGV250 engine and got everything up and running again, and introduced it to the SDR..

enEDW41.jpg

Just need to remove the mild corrosion and spider webs after it being sat in the garden under a bike cover for 30 months.
And, yes, I need to finished the painting.

Soldato
Looks nice, suits it well.

I’m on the lookout for another bike to go along with my CBR1000RR for some comfort on longer rides, done 500 miles over the weekend and whilst it was bearable, I needed to stop every hour to give my arse a rest.

Soldato
Same problem with my yzf r125, i've done a 500 mile round trip but my god in the rain etc (My fault poor gear).

My ass and rest of me got PUNISHED. :D

Once I get my full licence it's making me think no to sports bike and yes to an ADV bike. I want to go solo camping and they seem to be the smart choice.

Caporegime
@khemist I love how you're making that bike look. The tyres and the seat really bring out the lines, looks fantastic!

Same problem with my yzf r125, i've done a 500 mile round trip but my god in the rain etc (My fault poor gear).

Once I get my full licence it's making me think no to sports bike and yes to an ADV bike. I want to go solo camping and they seem to be the smart choice.

For comfort, you need to look at cruiser-esque bikes. Go sit on a Honda Rebel and see how comfy it is, it's like sitting on a sofa :p

Associate
Today I pulled over for a wagon to go through a bit that floods frequently by where I work. He told me that it was bad and I should go round. I said, "Nah I'm used to it." Ended up with water squirted up my nose holes, into my boots and down my arms.

Man of Honour

Once I get my full licence it's making me think no to sports bike and yes to an ADV bike. I want to go solo camping and they seem to be the smart choice
I guess your options are ADV, cruiser as mentioned above or something with a flat bench seat like the Triumph Bonneville or Kawasaki Z900RS. The flat bench seat means you can shuffle around a bit on long journeys.

Back
Top Bottom