What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
So this arrived in the post this morning, looking forward to getting it fitted to my K1300S - dB killer will be removed, of course :D

arrived.jpg

Soldato
Not something I did to the bike per sae as per the thread title but these just arrived to replace my trusty old Alpinestars SMX Plus boots. They are SMX Plus V2's, seem just as well made as my old ones, probably squeak just as much and are a bit more up to date looks wise. Out tomorrow for a run of a decent distance to try them out. The SMX Plus V2 gets decent reviews with a lot of folk suggesting they are every bit as good as SuperTechs but a bit more street/road friendly :cool:

They remind me of the old boots Puma had out in circa 2008/09 - certainly from the rear.

I loved my SuperTech Rs, easily the best boot I have worn out - but the prices are crazy now! Think I paid less than 300 in 2008, now they're nearly 500!

These do look smart though.

Soldato
They remind me of the old boots Puma had out in circa 2008/09 - certainly from the rear.

I loved my SuperTech Rs, easily the best boot I have worn out - but the prices are crazy now! Think I paid less than 300 in 2008, now they're nearly 500!

They are good boots, very impressed thus far. Bargain at £239 from a bike dealer on the bay.

Man of Honour

£300 is worth £420 in today's money so it's only an increase of £80 (£55 in 2008's money).

Soldato
Akra Titanium can fitted today, dB killer removed. Went out for a short run to see how it sounded and it was superb. Really deep tone at idle, not too offensive for the neighbours. But gives it some revs and boy, what a noise!! And when using the quickshifter to bang up through the gears it pops and crackles like mad.......very entertaining :D

akra5.jpg

Soldato
Akra Titanium can fitted today, dB killer removed. Went out for a short run to see how it sounded and it was superb. Really deep tone at idle, not too offensive for the neighbours. But gives it some revs and boy, what a noise!! And when using the quickshifter to bang up through the gears it pops and crackles like mad.......very entertaining :D

akra5.jpg
They sound amazing with a can!

Associate

akra5.jpg

Looks lush! Easy install?

Soldato
Do bike tyres hold the road in the wet these days.
In the 60's if you came to a corner you went round very slowly or back end was gone -Even Suzuki I had in 90's (1976 GT 550) needed a bit of care in corners. Hated riding in the wet.

Man of Honour
Do bike tyres hold the road in the wet these days.
In the 60's if you came to a corner you went round very slowly or back end was gone -Even Suzuki I had in 90's (1976 GT 550) needed a bit of care in corners. Hated riding in the wet.
Yep, you can ride almost as hard in the wet as the dry on the right tires these days

Soldato
Not all tyres grip well in the wet, I had some Karoos on my 790 adventure and they were lethal in the cold/wet. I've had both front and rear moments while riding sensibly. I now have Motoz knobbies on the same bike and they have much more grip although they aren't as good at high speeds. The Karoos were brilliant when warm/dry so probably brilliant tyres for abroad.

Back
Top Bottom