What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Wired up and mounted a TomTom Rider 5.

qxm1Blrl.jpg

Ideally it needs to be a little further left to avoid obscuring the instrument panel, but there's not a lot of room as otherwise it will touch the wind shield when on full lock.

Now I just need to work out a decent way of planning routes and getting them on to the device!

Soldato
Did the front end of the heated grips, i.e. fitted the heating elements under the grips (symtec heated grips). The relay/connections and wiring will have to wait until next weekend as nowhere local had a decent array of terminal connectors.

Fixed a dodgy indicator too, and unearthed some dodgy wiring where a previous owner had wired in new indicators. Think a set of LED indicators will be on the shopping list soon, it'll let me redo the wiring at the front.

Last edited:
Caporegime
some piece of crap tried to snap my steering lock tonight,was only gone 5 minutes

now all the barrel is loose,looksliek im gonna have to drill out the security bolts holding it onto the top yoke and put new bolts in as its all losse now

I hope they die a painfull death whoever it was

Soldato
Thats it, she is back on the road :D taxed and insured yesterday and took it out for about half an hour, almost forgot how damn fast these things are...
I had some damn annoying problem on Saturday, pretty much got the bike 99% done (all I needed to do was wire in the mirrors and their running lights so left that for Sunday) but it would not start at all, the fuel pump was not priming, this should throw up an FI error on the dash if its the fuel pump which it did not, so I was really confused, stripped the whole bike back down to retrace my steps for everything I had fitted or changed electrically, still did not fire, in the end I remembered I had a spare pump in my track tank, plugged that in and it tried to prime fine, so next job was swapping pumps with a tank that still had petrol in it, without wasting too much precious fuel :D
Not impressed with that though Suzuki, a failed fuel pump should throw up an FI error apparently!

ADFFE200-63F8-4518-8A20-88B2620EB01F_zpswdqowjhf.jpg

New carbon rear end that fits now.
1BF29D54-4000-4BDE-84F1-DCC7A895F838_zpskdallj2m.jpg
A1596DA1-0A8F-4A5E-9469-87B29D50473E_zpsbvn2iepl.jpg

BE74BEEF-02D9-42C3-9F67-08426BE85105_zpsw6pglsa5.jpg

*Wont be riding it until next weekend most likely now, after riding it I had a rear brake failure, turns out those damn HRC res hoses don't last long at all, its hard as nails now and wont keep a seal so when I went to use it the damn thing leaked out brake fluid all over the rear end :(

Soldato
Not the hoses mate, got HEL ones, its the green HRC reservoir hose thats the problem :p

Haha I will, wont ever be riding without my GoPro again :D
The noise is epic, forgot how good and loud this exhaust is, will be sorting it to the next ocuk meet.

Associate
Thats it, she is back on the road :D taxed and insured yesterday and took it out for about half an hour, almost forgot how damn fast these things are...
I had some damn annoying problem on Saturday, pretty much got the bike 99% done (all I needed to do was wire in the mirrors and their running lights so left that for Sunday) but it would not start at all, the fuel pump was not priming, this should throw up an FI error on the dash if its the fuel pump which it did not, so I was really confused, stripped the whole bike back down to retrace my steps for everything I had fitted or changed electrically, still did not fire, in the end I remembered I had a spare pump in my track tank, plugged that in and it tried to prime fine, so next job was swapping pumps with a tank that still had petrol in it, without wasting too much precious fuel :D
Not impressed with that though Suzuki, a failed fuel pump should throw up an FI error apparently!

I had the same issue when removing the tank to install the Bazzaz setup. Found a kinked fuel tank supply/breather hose. The slightest bend or kink shuts the fuel pump off without the FI showing on the dash. Didn't matter how many times I took the tank off and relocated it, I had to perform keyhole surgery and re-position said pipe with tank down. Pain the 'arris!

Good to see it back on the road, looking good :D

Soldato
Thanks mate :)

Yeah I know that feeling, had it already with the damn fuel line kink, only about 2-3 weeks ago, sorted that and now the fuel pump has decided to die, most likely a blockage inside, will have to take it apart and flush it at some stage.

Back
Top Bottom