What do you do when a Council Officer walks up to you?

Associate
Not the first time, but yesterday i was caught by an officer trying to issue me a FPN ticket for littering. (i dropped a cigarette into an outside drain)

Now i did the 'good samaritan' by paying, but not without some cheekiness mixed in.. by providing an incorrect name, dob and address.. and well it was silly since technically i was on private property.

How common would it be for them trying to track you down if you didn't pay? Reason i mainly paid was because a gave my address but a different door number. (caught me off guard and didn't want to appear flustered). but since it was close to where i live, i didn't want to risk it.. i'll have to remind myself to store a random address in my head for next time.

I've heard they are unable to chase you if you walk into a shop or a large building but not sure.

Last edited:
You aren't going to get any sympathy here.

If there were no bins nearby, go somewhere else or take your rubbish with you.

I hope they do track you down tbh.
no sympathy required.. i knew what i was doing.. i just didn't think it was still an offence if you are on private property and you drop down a drain.. understndable if it was anywhere else on the road

Not the first time, but yesterday i was caught by an officer trying to issue me a FPN ticket for littering. (i dropped a cigarette into an outside drain)

Now i did the 'good samaritan' by paying, but not without some cheekiness mixed in.. by providing an incorrect name, dob and address.. and well it was silly since technically i was on private property.

How common would it be for them trying to track you down if you didn't pay? Reason i mainly paid was because a gave my address but a different door number. (caught me off guard and didn't want to appear flustered). but since it was close to where i live, i didn't want to risk it.. i'll have to remind myself to store a random address in my head for next time.

I've heard they are unable to chase you if you walk into a shop or a large building but not sure.
Stop smoking.

Its always been the case that smokers see their litter as somehow different to everyone elses litter.

IMO the offence of littering should come with a punishment of litter picking.

Same for gum chewers who think its fine to spit it out onto pavements etc.

Caught = an hour of picking other peoples hardened gum off the pavement with your fingernails.

OP be like this now:

Homer-Hedge.gif

Back
Top Bottom