• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Can't believe how one can defend any company this much what do you even get out of it before you start both Nvidia and AMD are at it. But I don't understand how far you go to defend Nvidia I just don't get it

Just look at how much they have inflated the price please don't say because stuff costs more ? Why are CPUs not following that trend

They tried to call it the 4080 and charge more how can you still defend the company
They have the cheapest new gen gpu, what you talking about?

Soldato
Well a big contributor is raster perfmormance per dollar, and then RT perfomance per dollar, consumption, and then extra bonuses such as dlss and fg. Having your drivers crash twice a day isnt a feature though, that goes without saying

Drivers crashing twice a day ? You have one currently to confirm this ? Recently I had driver crashing on my 3080 reinstalling drivers seems to have sorted it

Associate
Don't know how to link images, but here

Shows relative performance. Important thing to nite is as the resolution gets higher, the 4070ti falls away from not only the 7900xt, but also the 4080 AND the 3090ti. Its barely better than a 3090.

RT, the 4070 seems to perform a little better as expected, although the same resolution trend suggests issues with longevity. What's interesting is the percentages do not relate to the fps differences? Maybe I'm missing something.

DLSS and FSR Are fairly similar now, and frame generation is currently only in very few games, but potentially has its own latency issues

So a mall loss in raster, win in RT, draw in upscaling and a current win in frame generation, with the caveat AMD expects to introduce its own version.

Not a complete whitewash, and at a price which is 50% increase gen on gen. Its a good card, but I'm still not seeing a value proposition. If I did, I'd be upgrading, but it does not offer enough, for the money, over a 3080.

Soldato
They have the cheapest new gen gpu, what you talking about?

I couldn't care less , so increasing it by close to double to what traditionally 70 tier and 80 tier card is fine ? They fricking wanted to call it the 4080 get that in ur head and here you are can't say single bad word about them

Both AMD and Nvidia are doing it I don't care if either one is slightly offering something better I ain't gonna give single praise to either maybe because I don't have loyalty to any company

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't know how to link images, but here

Shows relative performance. Important thing to nite is as the resolution gets higher, the 4070ti falls away from not only the 7900xt, but also the 4080 AND the 3090ti. Its barely better than a 3090.

RT, the 4070 seems to perform a little better as expected, although the same resolution trend suggests issues with longevity. What's interesting is the percentages do not relate to the fps differences? Maybe I'm missing something.

DLSS and FSR Are fairly similar now, and frame generation is currently only in very few games, but potentially has its own latency issues

So a mall loss in raster, win in RT, draw in upscaling and a current win in frame generation, with the caveat AMD expects to introduce its own version.

Not a complete whitewash, and at a price which is 50% increase gen on gen. Its a good card, but I'm still not seeing a value proposition. If I did, I'd be upgrading, but it does not offer enough, for the money, over a 3080.
TPU has a performance per dollar chart and it tops the XT in all 3 resolutions. It offers more performance per dollar, lol

Soldato
Yep, by as much as 5%, if you are able to get it at an the suggested RRP, which they have noted, you basically can't.
Not true, the price difference they used in their graph to calculate the performance per dollar is the exact same difference the 2 cards have all around the EU. The XT is priced around 989 euros while the 70ti is at 889. 100 euros difference, the exact difference TPU used in their graphs.

So yeah, the 4070ti is the better value even for raster

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

Correct, if you have a 3090 its within 5% and higher resolutions only gets worse. To me commanding £800+ as you cannot guarantee an FE like other tiers makes the value only get worse. If you look at it from the traditional 70 class buyers as you say your now paying a lot more which is the direction the market has been heading in for some time. The enthusiasts are not wrong when referring to it as 60 class silicon, with gimped bus' and limited 4k performance I cant call it a progressive hit like some are trying to spin it.

Drop a couple of hundred off and its a different story. Until then value is out of the window I'm afraid.

Associate
I mean, at 4k the 7900xt is bang in between both 4070ti examples, but fair enough, the 4070 wins by a small margin.

But that very same chart shows it not even beating AMDs PREVIOUS gen card at performance per dollar. At any resolution.

Associate
And actually, the more I think about it, the performance dropping off more as the resolution increases is not a gresy long term indicator. This will affect value dependent on how long you keep a gpu. I would tend to keep one for 4 to 5 years, so fairly important.

Soldato
I mean, at 4k the 7900xt is bang in between both 4070ti examples, but fair enough, the 4070 wins by a small margin.

But that very same chart shows it not even beating AMDs PREVIOUS gen card at performance per dollar. At any resolution.
Isnt that what I said in my original post? Yes, the rdna2 cards have better raster value, but they are completely unusuable for RT nowadays. I don't suggest people buy one of those for RT in 2023.

Associate
Isnt that what I said in my original post? Yes, the rdna2 cards have better raster value, but they are completely unusuable for RT nowadays. I don't suggest people buy one of those for RT in 2023.
I think you were saying about how it was much better, when it's not really much better, it's fairly marginal (certain RT excepted) However, I shall leave you to it. Are you looking to buy one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom