• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
giGMIhg.gif

Found out where Bencher works...

O14Id29.gif

Hired to spam tech forums 24/7 for Nvidia to keep the prices up.

I'm out of this thread it's pointless really trying to explain to some what the issue is and all they do is spam back a reply that states the obvious or avoids the main part asked.

Anyways I feel like Bencher has a target on his back by the mods on here. So will say it now was nice talking to you before they pull the trap door on you.

Last edited:
Soldato
@Bencher: I have to know, if in 8 years time when the 9090 is released and it cost £8k but you got 400% more performance than a 4090 would you still laud it as a great product, say that it's great value, and gush all over it like you've been doing in this thread over the 4070Ti and 40 series in general?

Soldato
@Bencher: I have to know, if in 8 years time when the 9090 is released and it cost £8k but you got 400% more performance than a 4090 would you still laud it as a great product, say that it's great value, and gush all over it like you've been doing in this thread over the 4070Ti and 40 series in general?

Where has he lauded anything as great value and has been gushing over the 4000 series.

It's interesting you ask such a loaded and leading question. Isn't it.

It seems the passion is in the hatred of the cards. Anyone who doesn't join in that hatred is 'gushing' over the cards and think they are great value?

It is very cult like.

Last edited:
Associate
Where has he lauded anything as great value and has been gushing over the 4000 series.

It seems the passion is in the hatred of the cards. Anyone who doesn't join in that hatred is 'gushing' over the cards and think they are great value?
Ok, let's stick to nvidia.

The 4070ti is a great product and a great value considering the current market, since not only it is the cheapest new gen card with the best power draw, it also offers features and RT performance that competes with the competitors next generation card that isn't going to be out for at least 2 years.

Complaining about the price of the cheapest current gen card that offers features and performance that you can only get from the competition by time travelling to the future is nuts to me.

Soldato
@Anth-h90 That's misleading no? He has qualified the statement.

The 4070 Ti is fine. Maybe not what people hoped the price would be, but the level of hatred is absurd and doesn't reflect the competition in the market.

It has the same performance per $ as the 7900 XT which is actually $100 more. Where is the same level of hate for that. People seem to be irrationally targetting nvidia more.

Last edited:
Soldato

The 4070 Ti is fine. Maybe not what people hoped the price would be, but the level of hatred is absurd and doesn't reflect the competition in the market.

It has the same performance per $ as the 7900 XT which is actually $100 more. Where is the hate for that.
They can charge as much as they want, we can hate as much as we want.

Soldato
They can charge as much as they want, we can hate as much as we want.

I agree on both counts. It is hilarious observing though. I doubt nvidia care what people here say. They will decide what happens next based on whether people got enough value for from the cards to buy the 4000 series cards at the prices they set.

4090 and 4070 Ti is yet to reach MSRP post launch. The 4080 I'm sure nvidia will think maybe it was slightly too much.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
the-force-is-strong-this-one.gif

Soldato

It is very cult like.
The 4070ti is a great product and a great value considering the current market, since not only it is the cheapest new gen card with the best power draw, it also offers features and RT performance that competes with the competitors next generation card that isn't going to be out for at least 2 years.
I have no clue about GPUS, the GPU market and anything of that sort. I check benchmarks and I see that the 4070ti is the cheapest card, with the best power draw, features literally from the future (RT performance, dlss 3 etc.) and doesn't have issues with power draw on playback etc. How would it be wrong for me to conclude that it is by far the best value card?
As for the gushing over the 4000 series i really CBA to quote all the times Bencher has done that, you've been posting in this thread so you're well aware that's what Bencher has been doing.

As for whether i asked a loaded and leading question you're going to have to explain how I've done that because from my perspective I've not done so. Also if you think what i posted has any display of passion or hatred of the cards then what would you call what Bencher has been posting about the 7900xt? Or are you going to deny that also.

It has the same performance per $ as the 7900 XT which is actually $100 more. Where is the same level of hate for that. People seem to be irrationally targetting nvidia more.
This, but, but, but, is getting tiresome. This is a thread about what people think of the 4070Ti and Nvidia hold a de-facto monopoly so there's a very strong argument that they set the price.

Last edited:
Soldato
I never lauded it as a great product. I said its a great product on the current gpu market since it slaughters the competition.

So to answer your question, yes if the 9090 costs 8k but the competing cards are not only more expensive but are actually worse then yeah, i would consider it a great value on that specific market.

The 4070ti doesnt exist in a vacuum. It exists in a market where laughably bad cards such as the 7900xt are sold for more. In that market the ti is a good card.

Last edited:
Soldato

It boggles my mind, 7900xts are actually selling for like 1k and people expect nvidia to drop the 4070ti to the 500s. Why would they ever do that when they already not only have the better card, but the cheaper one as well is beyond me. Its embarrasing for grown ups to think this way, it does not make sense.

Last edited:
Soldato
It boggles my mind, 7900xts are actually selling for like 1k and people expect nvidia to drop the 4070ti to the 500s. Why would they ever do that when they already not only have the better card, but the cheaper one as well is beyond me. Its embarrasing for grown ups to think this way, it does not make sense.

How can that be possible wowwww

You said better card , last time you said much better have you slightly adjusted now ? Lol

But are you looking at sales from the date 4070ti was released, because the 7900xt was released before

Last edited:
Soldato
How can that be possible wowwww

You said better card , last time you said much better have you slightly adjusted now ? Lol

But are you looking at sales from the date 4070ti was released, because the 7900xt was released before
Better + cheaper = much better. Haven't adjusted at all.

I've checked today a couple of sites, newegg amazon and mindfactory, ive seen some XTs on the top 10.

Soldato
I never lauded it as a great product. I said its a great product on the current gpu market since it slaughters the competition.

So to answer your question, yes if the 9090 costs 8k but the competing cards are not only more expensive but are actually worse then yeah, i would consider it a great value on that specific market.

The 4070ti doesnt exist in a vacuum. It exists in a market where laughably bad cards such as the 7900xt are sold for more. In that market the ti is a good card.
You did but i CBA to once again search through, and quote the posts, where you did exactly that or even dispute the rather wonky context that you're applying to your judgment of what makes a great product.

I CBA because you've clearly demonstrated that you're not having these discussions in good faith, that you're cherry picking whatever supports your 'argument'. E.g how you completely ignore the last 50 years of IC history and for that matter the last 30 years of Nvidia history, doing so not only demonstrates a lack of good faith on your behalf but also a total lack of objectivity.

Especially so when you claim the 4070ti doesn't exist in a vacuum but stubbornly refuse to look at what came before it, at the context, at the last 30 years of markets, at the fact that Nvidia are the 800 pound gorilla in the room. You can't see the woods for the trees, whether intentionally or not.

Soldato
Better + cheaper = much better. Haven't adjusted at all.

I've checked today a couple of sites, newegg amazon and mindfactory, ive seen some XTs on the top 10.

selling since release or from last week the 4070ti was released later ? dont get yourself so worked up some reason just picture you boiling over seeing AMD above anything intel or nvidia

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom