• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Better + cheaper = much better. Haven't adjusted at all.

I've checked today a couple of sites, newegg amazon and mindfactory, ive seen some XTs on the top 10.

Well if your conjecture is correct and the 7900xt is outselling the 4070ti then the market has spoken and think that the 7900xt is a better card than the 4070ti. You may disagree with their purchasing history but at the end of the day they do not care what you think and are free to buy what they want. I guess the general public do not care about RT or maybe they dislike leather jackets.

I think over time the 4070ti will outsell the 7900xt by a significant margin, cannot see Nv losing too many sales when they have such a deluded fanbase to back them up.

Soldato
You did but i CBA to once again search through, and quote the posts, where you did exactly that or even dispute the rather wonky context that you're applying to your judgment of what makes a great product.

I CBA because you've clearly demonstrated that you're not having these discussions in good faith, that you're cherry picking whatever supports your 'argument'. E.g how you completely ignore the last 50 years of IC history and for that matter the last 30 years of Nvidia history, doing so not only demonstrates a lack of good faith on your behalf but also a total lack of objectivity.

Especially so when you claim the 4070ti doesn't exist in a vacuum but stubbornly refuse to look at what came before it, at the context, at the last 30 years of markets, at the fact that Nvidia are the 800 pound gorilla in the room. You can't see the woods for the trees, whether intentionally or not.
You don't need to look, I can quote you my very first post in this thread if you like me to. I said that as bad as the pricing on the 70ti is, it's still much better than the competition.

2000 years of IC history are irrelevant. The reality is nvidia has a better and cheaper product, and you expect them to lower their prices. If you can't understand how that goes against reason and basic common sense I don't know what to tell you. They are already undercutting amd with prices. If you give me a valid reason on why should they drop the prices when they are already the cheapest option ill go talk to my boss (Jensen) about. But remember, it needs to be a valid reason, else he will laugh me out of the room *insert spiderman meme here*

Soldato
Well if your conjecture is correct and the 7900xt is outselling the 4070ti then the market has spoken and think that the 7900xt is a better card than the 4070ti. You may disagree with their purchasing history but at the end of the day they do not care what you think and are free to buy what they want. I guess the general public do not care about RT or maybe they dislike leather jackets.

I think over time the 4070ti will outsell the 7900xt by a significant margin, cannot see Nv losing too many sales when they have such a deluded fanbase to back them up.
selling since release or from last week the 4070ti was released later ? dont get yourself so worked up some reason just picture you boiling over seeing AMD above anything intel or nvidia
I never said they are outselling, 4080s and 4090s are at the top, and the 4070ti are around there as well.

Soldato
You don't need to look, I can quote you my very first post in this thread if you like me to. I said that as bad as the pricing on the 70ti is, it's still much better than the competition.

2000 years of IC history are irrelevant. The reality is nvidia has a better and cheaper product, and you expect them to lower their prices. If you can't understand how that goes against reason and basic common sense I don't know what to tell you. They are already undercutting amd with prices. If you give me a valid reason on why should they drop the prices when they are already the cheapest option ill go talk to my boss (Jensen) about. But remember, it needs to be a valid reason, else he will laugh me out of the room *insert spiderman meme here*
Yea because you've only made one post in this thread before now. :rolleyes:

Maybe that's a typo as there's not been IC's haven't been around for 2000 years and it's totally relevant, the fact you think it's not is yet more proof that you're not being objective. If companies start making products that are worse than previous products you can't just say it's great because everyone's made a worse product than they used to make. Well i say you can't but let's face it that's exactly what your doing.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I CBA because you've clearly demonstrated that you're not having these discussions in good faith, that you're cherry picking whatever supports your 'argument'. E.g how you completely ignore the last 50 years of IC history and for that matter the last 30 years of Nvidia history, doing so not only demonstrates a lack of good faith on your behalf but also a total lack of objectivity.

Must be freshly graduated from the nexus school of portable goalposts that fella - with distinction!

Caporegime
Must be freshly graduated from the nexus school of portable goalposts that fella - with distinction!

Still mad over this are you?

But hey at least a certain someone will have another game, which justifies the extra £750 spending :cry: Wouldn't blame him though:

X3qQW1f.png

rehwjbh.png

P00jWCi.png

Hmta1vb.gif

Sorry I keep forgetting how the wife give you the ok since you couldn't get the GPU you wanted all along and how it's ok that you got bent over by Jenson since you mined but for some reason those who buy the 4090 are mugs according to your logic....

:cry:

Any popcorn left @TNA , if so send my way :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Yea because you've only made one post in this thread before now. :rolleyes:

Maybe that's a typo as there's not been IC's haven't been around for 2000 years and it's totally relevant, the fact you think it's not is yet more proof that you're not being objective. If companies start making products that are worse than previous products you can't just say it's great because everyone's made a worse product than they used to make. Well i say you can't but let's face it that's exactly what your doing.
No i havent made only one post, but all my psots are pretty much similar. Yes ive said repeatedly that the 4070ti is a great product, but always in the context of the current market situation. Id love it if the 4070ti cost 200€ instead. Id also love for the 4090 to be 500€. But seeing how the 70ti is already the cheapest card available, and seeing how the competitor is selling worse products, I don't see why or how I could ever for the life of me complain about nvidias prices when they are in fact the good guys here, seeing how they offer the cheapest product

Since most people aren't going to buy amd cards cause they are subpar and yet more expensive, why would you drop the prices if you were the ceo of nvidia when you already have the LOWEST prices? It really doesn't make any sense to me, maybe im stupid, but I really don't understand the logic behind doing that or behind you asking them to do that.

I still think these are luxury products, so the pricing is not really an issue for me. The guys that are really shafted are the people that used to buy cards like 1060 / 470 / 480 etc, cards between 150 and 250€. Τhere isnt anything half decent in that category. For everyone else, an 6700xt / 3060ti is fine. If you wanna go 4k RT max settings 100 fps, you are getting into luxury territory and im not sad about you having to pay through the nose for that

Last edited:
Associate
I don't see why or how I could ever for the life of me complain about nvidias prices when they are in fact the good guys here, seeing how they offer the cheapest product
Cheapest product is not the same as best value product, which was your original point. Its undeniably the cheapest 4000 series card, doesn't make it good value. I mean, it's not even the cheapest product - it's sold alongside the 3000 series.

Nvidia being the good guys? 4070ti was originally intended to be a 4080 don't forget, it was "unlaunched" because it was realised it would be slaughtered at that price point. Ti variants tend to come out after the original, which shows how their plans have changed.

The prices are too high across the board, if people just compare against the competitor, it doesn't give perspective over the whole.

Even allowing for inflation, if the 4070ti is truly a xx70ti card, the price has leapt from £529 to what... £799? Its gone up 50%. That isn't value.

Even if its the cheapest card for a given performance level, it hasn't outperformed previous generations massively, which suggests it will show its age FAST come next gen.

Soldato
Cheapest product is not the same as best value product, which was your original point. Its undeniably the cheapest 4000 series card, doesn't make it good value. I mean, it's not even the cheapest product - it's sold alongside the 3000 series.

Nvidia being the good guys? 4070ti was originally intended to be a 4080 don't forget, it was "unlaunched" because it was realised it would be slaughtered at that price point. Ti variants tend to come out after the original, which shows how their plans have changed.

The prices are too high across the board, if people just compare against the competitor, it doesn't give perspective over the whole.

Even allowing for inflation, if the 4070ti is truly a xx70ti card, the price has leapt from £529 to what... £799? Its gone up 50%. That isn't value.

Even if its the cheapest card for a given performance level, it hasn't outperformed previous generations massively, which suggests it will show its age FAST come next gen.
But in fact the 70ti is indeed the best value card out of all the new cards right now. In fact it probably might be the best value card even including older cards, depending on how much you value dlss fg rt and the likes. Only rdna2 cards might be better but those are 2 gens behind in RT.

Soldato
Please define value. Maybe we have opposite views.
Well a big contributor is raster perfmormance per dollar, and then RT perfomance per dollar, consumption, and then extra bonuses such as dlss and fg. Having your drivers crash twice a day isnt a feature though, that goes without saying

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't believe how one can defend any company this much what do you even get out of it before you start both Nvidia and AMD are at it. But I don't understand how far you go to defend Nvidia I just don't get it

Just look at how much they have inflated the price please don't say because stuff costs more ? Why are CPUs not following that trend

They tried to call it the 4080 and charge more how can you still defend the company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom