What does revised custom charges mean?

(And firefox is still not putting quotes in reply boxes again ... :rolleyes:)

@Spook187

Depends on the what postal service it is coming by. Some deliver first and then bill (had this with Fedex and DHL) other delay delivery until you pay (Royal Mail, Parcel Force). With the latter you can sometimes phone up and pay if you have the tracking number to speed the process ... although with my luck the last time I had Customs charges with Royal Mail it'll probably **** it all up (their system which tells the depot to release the package as you have paid failed to do so ... chaos reigned).

@Werewolf

Isn't it normally the value of the item plus postage is >£15 then you are subject to charging ... It has for me at least, i.e. item was less than £15 before postage but item plus postage was more than £15 and I was charged.

Duty is applicable any value but isn't charged unless the value of the duty (at whatever applicable rate) exceeds £9. So the figure it cuts in at would depend on the value and the duty rate for that item rather than a fixed figure.

(currently waiting for a fedex bill for £130 of concert BDs :()

Last edited:
Customs handling fees vary and are dependent on the shipping method, from memory RM and Parcel force charge £8 per package if there are taxes to pay normally, but that can go up to £16 for some PF services, whilst UPS etc charges vary massively (and from about £8 for DHL or £10 for UPS up, often as a percentage of the value or a minimum fee whichever is more).

this is what makes it so painful. so many times pay like £2 for customs, then the insane amount to rm or others. Unfortunately no way around it that I've seen.
be nice if customs could go online and if you had a tracking number pay in advanced.

It's a shame the damage that customs fees do to our economy. Economics experts all agree that unilaterally allowing free trade across the borders benefits us.

The cost to the consumer, the business, the postal service, the delays in the shipment of goods, all for the sake of protectionism.

Can we have a short version of who he was and why he was so great please? :p

He was an occasionally funny troll.

A similar event which is only for making friends with males and females?

I always thought that speed dating was for shy people to get together with other shy people and onto a potential date. But then I saw that it became such a big thing that ordinary people just go speed dating, it doesn't matter that their shy or not they just go where the girls are.

Now I think if there is an event which is for just finding new friends then all the lonely ones, unsociable ones will be at and it would feel nothing like standard speed dating. But maybe I am wrong.

I just wish there was an event out there that I could go to, to meet similar people like me who are just bored of their own friends and want to find new people to chill out with. Is there anything like it around?

Reply:

His reply:

how do you even meet people in a pub, I need something like speed dating where your lined up to meet people. If I am in a pub I would just stand there.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17998627

Parcelforce just clobbered me with £21.55 charge, import vat £13.55 and £8.00 clearance Fee, for a product that cost £46.45 plus £10.40 postage, had no choice as the item i can't buy in the uk as of yet:mad::mad:

Parcelforce just clobbered me with £21.55 charge, import vat £13.55 and £8.00 clearance Fee, for a product that cost £46.45 plus £10.40 postage, had no choice as the item i can't buy in the uk as of yet:mad::mad:

Thats nothing. I once has to pay £11 (£3 plus £8) on a £15 item from the states when i used to import dvds.

Good thing was only about 1 in 10 every got asked for import duties so still way cheaper than buying from the UK plus quite often you could get dvd's before the film was even on at the cinema over here.

Back
Top Bottom