What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
I couldn't even be bothered to finish Looper and gave up half way through. Having said that I did watch all of Snow White and the Huntsman on Film4 last night which I'm quite ashamed of. :p

Soldato
Arrival - 5/10

Hmm...i probably missed the deep meaning (well, obviously I did according to my friends precis of the film)

I just didn't connect with her character tbh so didn't really care

preferred Contact with Jody Foster

Last edited:
Caporegime
Suicide Squad - 6/10

I enjoyed it, wasn't offensive or anything and maybe I just know nothing about films or editing but I've seen a few people say it was a mess, don't really get that.

I just turned my brain off for two hours and enjoyed it. Will smith basically played Will Smith from any action film for 2 hours, but that wasn't a bad thing.

Not a fan of the Joker in this, but I feel Leto has a great Joker in him but he was off in this film.

Soldato
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 7/10. was an enjoyable romp, look forward to the second film if there is one.

I know it doesnt count but I ran through Band of Brothers in 2 days again...bloody awesome.

rotters

Soldato
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 7/10. was an enjoyable romp, look forward to the second film if there is one.

I know it doesnt count but I ran through Band of Brothers in 2 days again...bloody awesome.

rotters

Me and the Mrs watch miss peregrine last night and both absolutely hated it. Most of the acting was woeful at best and the storyline was ruined by some truly terrible characters. Samuel L Jackson as the bad guy was like watching a potomime villain whilst drunk! Obviously a rather marmite film lol! 2/10

Caporegime
Suicide Squad - 6/10

I enjoyed it, wasn't offensive or anything and maybe I just know nothing about films or editing but I've seen a few people say it was a mess, don't really get that.

I just turned my brain off for two hours and enjoyed it. Will smith basically played Will Smith from any action film for 2 hours, but that wasn't a bad thing.

Not a fan of the Joker in this, but I feel Leto has a great Joker in him but he was off in this film.

Yes...you nothing about films..

Soldato
Independence Day: Resurgence

Watched it earlier on DVD, one way to sum it up...

Morrisons-to-launch-Milk-for-Farmers-cheddar-cheese-brand.jpg

Shockingly bad.

Caporegime
Captain America: Civil War. 2 1/2 hours of crash bang wallop. Hard to keep track of who was who and who was on what side and why. Character overload. Fight scenes were badly edited. No sense of danger when every character is to all intents and purposes invulnerable. Laws of physics completely absent.

Associate
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016) - 6/10

It doesn’t manage to capture the magic of the Harry Potter series and relies on you to be familiar with the Potter world, but I did enjoy it thanks to the fantastic looking beasts and well balanced use of action, mystery and comedy.

The 20’s New York setting looks great, and the special effects entertain and amaze.

However, the acting is awkward throughout and tonally, the film is all over the place, shifting from mature, dark issues to child-oriented humour.

The two plot lines are simple yet effective, but leave lots of elements unfinished (franchise building?) and although the happy ending was expected, the lazy far-too-convenient tidy up really spoils it.

Associate
Star Wars Holiday Special.

Always thought this was a 15min sketch on some American tv show , didnt realise it was actually a 95min movie,

Anyway saw a google news article about William Shatner ****ging it off and since i'd already had 7 cans of strongbow thought i would give it a watch on youtube.

Jesus , i knew i should have stopped watching after Itchy , Lumpy and Jefferson Starship where introduced as starring in it.

Managed to watch it all , -10/10 , that was so bad .

Man of Honour
Riphagen - The Untouchable
7/10
A really quite engrossing subtitled Dutch film set in Amsterdam during WW2 and based around someone who worked for the Germans searching for Jews. Really superb acting and casting. I would have given it a higher rating but the second half dragged a little. Certainly worth watching however and the first half and the final scene are superb.

Back
Top Bottom