What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
The Princess and the Frog - a little sappy at the very end but otherwise a fresh and beautifully animated Disney romp (with a fun jazz / New Orleans / voodoo vibe) :)

7.5 / 10

Soldato
Watched ready player one tonight. Loved it. Brilliant film that was thoroughly enjoyable all the way through it. Some good references to other films and games. Yes it was predictable but I wouldn't let that deter anyone from watching it.
I suprised myself by liking it so much as watched a trailer when it was at cinema and didn't like the look of it but totally happy to have watched it 9/10 for me

Associate
Star Wars : The last Jedi 5/10

Was waiting on some big reveal/payoff that never came.
I guess it is just laying the groundwork for the next film

Soldato
I watched Dunkirk last night for the first time since I saw it at the cinema on release.

I loved it then, and even more now. Much better the second time. Truly great film!

Soldato
Missus put Professor Marston and the Wonder Women on.

Yegods, 1/10 - none stop swear and deviant bonkfest, don't think people acted quite like that in the 1930's. Gets one star as opposed to zero because who would have thought the character was born out of bondage, flage and group $ex. Can't see how this scored so highly on Rotten Tomatoes particularly as Wikipedia notes the descendants of the protagonists have stated the seedier aspects are entirely fictional.

I lasted about 10 minutes and retreated to doing something on the laptop, casting an occasional eye over proceedings.

If anyone put this on in front of their kids thinking it was an innocent history describing the origin of Wonder Woman, they would be reaching for the off button sharpish. :)

Soldato
Remember when those tie fighters were bombing asteroids in empire?

At the time and indeed on review took that to mean they were launching guided bombs, but now I think about it....
Yup, that is ******* retarded too.
Off for a few ‘parsecs’ to think about stuff.

Truely none of them hold up, four is much loved because we were kids and it was fresh, five was better, but none of them are overly good.

Soldato
At the time and indeed on review took that to mean they were launching guided bombs, but now I think about it....
Yup, that is ******* retarded too.
Off for a few ‘parsecs’ to think about stuff.

Truely none of them hold up, four is much loved because we were kids and it was fresh, five was better, but none of them are overly good.

You do know that these are works of fiction :confused:

Soldato
Care to elaborate? I watched this last night and thought it was awesome, especially the set pieces. A lot of reviewers are saying "missing Emily Blunt" dont agree at all, it wouldnt have worked with such a faster pace than the original and her questioning every bullet being shot :p

sorry been away, honestly forgotten most of it now and that's the problem. I didn't love the first - it was good, enjoyable, memorable, had a purpose.

I know it's gotten criticism for not having Emily Blunt in it, but to me, her story was told and had no place in the follow up. She would have been out of place and nothing more than a gesture - 100% the right call. I wanted it to go somewhere, but the whole thing turned out to be a setup for the 3rd installment - maybe 3/10 is harsh, maybe my expectations were too high, I don't know but the 3rd act was pretty ridiculous, I don't actively look to pick holes in something but prefer to just enjoy it but found that difficult to do here. Brolin and BDT are fantastic actors and these roles are perfect for them but the script doesnt pull it together.

Back
Top Bottom