What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
any one not listing Sicario as one their mostest favouritist films ever needs their head looking at. unless of course they are mixing the first up with the second cause the second really can **** off and choke to death on it's on vomit in a corner.

Never watched Sicario but will tonight now. Cheers

Caporegime
Pain And Gain - 2/10

Why would anyone want to make this movie? Is it an attempt to make the worst film that can be conceivably created? Are the actors in it so desperate to make asses of themselves? Truly terrible. It's tagline should be: cringe, the movie.

Contact - 6/10. A bit daft here and there but watchable if nothing else is on. Quite slow and nothing really happens. There's a guy from Starship Troopers is in it, and I remember that because there wasn't much else to remember about it.

The Mummy, Tom Cruise Edition - 5/10

The AvP of the Mummy franchise. Confused as to what it wants to be. Doesn't even know what mythology it wants to exist in. Let's have a bit of ancient Egyptian, a bit of Jeckyl and Hide (really) and and old-London-town monsters (nods to vampires and Frankenstein and the like). Let's recreate some scenes from much better movies to remind you how derivative and inferior this one is.

There's really nothing interesting about this movie, at all. It's another by-the-numbers affair that could have been made by robots. Lacks purpose, lacks focus, does nothing well, can't even see who it's pitched at. Is it a comedy? A horror? An adventure? It's a big fat nothing-burger.

Well, it seems I've watched a few stinkers recently!

Soldato
Pain And Gain - 2/10

Why would anyone want to make this movie? Is it an attempt to make the worst film that can be conceivably created? Are the actors in it so desperate to make asses of themselves? Truly terrible. It's tagline should be: cringe, the movie.

It gets quite fascinating when you delve into the real 'true story' behind it all and find out these people really were this stupid.

Man of Honour
Old (2021)

A bunch of people go to a beach to say and do some truly stupid things. There's no emotion, drama, suspense, thrills or really anything positive to say. The acting is poor, the scrips is poor, even the ageing make up is rubbish. May as well have done what the did in school plays and draw black lines on their faces.

Not sure how one director can make one or two semi decent films early in their career, then consistently make stinkers and studios will still happily throw money his way.

2/10

Caporegime
Dýrið.

It's Iceland, and Noomi Rapace is there for some reason! :confused:

Anyway, Hilmir Snær Guðnason is just doing his thing like he usually does, until one of his sheep gives birth to a lamb and... something else. :eek:

Then Björn Hlynur Haraldsson arrives, and apparently he doesn't approve? Also he really wants a piece of Noomi Rapace, but she's not so keen. :p

Ingvar Eggert Sigurðsson gets involved at some point, though I can't remember how. :rolleyes:

And there's a surprise appearance by Arnþruður Dögg Sigurðardóttir! :cool:

Produced on a budget of just 2.5 million Icelandic hjelfisk, this film will delight and surprise viewers of all ages.

So yeah, Dýrið is definitely a movie that I recommend. It's weird, it's depressing, it's super creepy, it's highly unsettling, and it's a breath of fresh air.

I rate Dýrið 26.64 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as an unconventional 8/10 on IMDB.

Don
Dýrið.

Anyway, Hilmir Snær Guðnason is just doing his thing like he usually does, until one of his sheep gives birth to a lamb and... something else. :eek:

Then Björn Hlynur Haraldsson arrives, and apparently he doesn't approve? Also he really wants a piece of Noomi Rapace, but she's not so keen. :p

Ingvar Eggert Sigurðsson gets involved at some point, though I can't remember how. :rolleyes:

Produced on a budget of just 2.5 million Icelandic hjelfisk, this film will delight and surprise viewers of all ages.

So yeah, Dýrið is definitely a movie that I recommend. It's weird, it's depressing, it's super creepy, it's highly unsettling, and it's a breath of fresh air.

I rate Dýrið 26.64 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as an unconventional 8/10 on IMDB.
Used to fly to the US with Iceland Air. All their films are about depression or involve suicide. Or alcoholism.

Soldato
Dýrið.

This is one weird creepy film :p

Very different and pretty good I thought though :)

Caporegime
The Predator (2018) - 4/10

I turned it on as I couldn't remember if I'd seen this one or not. Turns out I have, but it's so instantly forgettable that I'd.. forgotten all about it.

I'd love to tell you what I think, but the memory of it is fading even as I type. I think it was a typical modern-day rehash of a much better (older) film, without anything that made the original a cult classic. Funny how they keep doing that? Aaaaand.... it's gone.

Soldato

I turned it on as I couldn't remember if I'd seen this one or not. Turns out I have, but it's so instantly forgettable that I'd.. forgotten all about it.

I'd love to tell you what I think, but the memory of it is fading even as I type. I think it was a typical modern-day rehash of a much better (older) film, without anything that made the original a cult classic. Funny how they keep doing that? Aaaaand.... it's gone.

I think 4/10 is being generous :p This film is everything wrong with modern day Hollywood films. It's an absolute turd and one of the worst films I've had the misfortune to watch. Gets 2/10 from me. A shame as the original Predator was a fantastic action film with a tight plot.

Soldato

I think 4/10 is being generous :p This film is everything wrong with modern day Hollywood films. It's an absolute turd and one of the worst films I've had the misfortune to watch. Gets 2/10 from me. A shame as the original Predator was a fantastic action film with a tight plot.

The first CD video I ever watched, mild swearies

Man of Honour
The Guest (2014)

Missed this one first time around, but if you enjoyed Drive or Only God Forgives, then you should enjoy this.

The first hour is great, however the last third of the film feels like it's from a different film. It goes from a dark brooding thriller to almost all out action movie.

Still worth a watch.

7/10

Soldato
The Guest (2014)

Missed this one first time around, but if you enjoyed Drive or Only God Forgives, then you should enjoy this.

The first hour is great, however the last third of the film feels like it's from a different film. It goes from a dark brooding thriller to almost all out action movie.

Still worth a watch.

7/10

I have the entire soundtrack to this on Spotify, one of my favourites - odd as most of the music isn't my typical taste.

Back
Top Bottom