What film did you watch last night?

Associate
The World's End.
The weakest of the trilogy in my view, it didn't seem to have the charm of Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz. It did allow Pegg and Frost to play different characters though and Pegg was pretty good as a man on the edge of a breakdown.
7/10

Man of Honour
About Time 9/10

Tim discovers that all the men in his family can time travel within their own time line. We see how his life unfolds as a result of having the ability to do over some mistakes.

Do not be fooled into thinking this is another Love Actually Richard Curtis film, this is mainly about fathers and sons. Having almost lost my own father last year to a heart attack, this film really hit home. Excellent cast with the right about of humour and emotion. A real gem, and I can't believe it's taken me this long to get round to watching it!

I really enjoyed this film and the scene where the son goes back to see his dad and he realises that its the final time they will see each other was really moving

Caporegime
The World's End.
The weakest of the trilogy in my view, it didn't seem to have the charm of Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz. It did allow Pegg and Frost to play different characters though and Pegg was pretty good as a man on the edge of a breakdown.
7/10

I liked the fight scenes. The swearing was also very well done. Brilliant combo of the two when he was fighting while trying to drink his pint.

Soldato
Finally watched Gravity.. Thought it was excellent and thought provoking. 9/10

May even buy the 3d BD. Seems that it would work well in 3d.

In my opinion, you're only getting 25% of the movie if you're not watching it in IMAX 3D. I'm not a huge fan of 3D (every other movie I've seen in 3D has left me feeling "meh") but Gravity was the perfect movie for massive screens and 3D. It blew me away so much that I absolutely refuse to see it again until it comes back to IMAX.....which is surely will.

Man of Honour
Afflicted.

Like this kind of "found footage/shaky cam" style film. It starts off like your average film of this type but then quickly things change and it gets intense. It's pretty gory and the action isfairly continuous with some wtf/jumpy moments.

I'd give it a 7/10. The sound and camera work is really nice.

Soldato
In my opinion, you're only getting 25% of the movie if you're not watching it in IMAX 3D. I'm not a huge fan of 3D (every other movie I've seen in 3D has left me feeling "meh") but Gravity was the perfect movie for massive screens and 3D. It blew me away so much that I absolutely refuse to see it again until it comes back to IMAX.....which is surely will.

Totally agree there.

I'm not a fan of 3D either, but this is the first film for me where I enjoyed the 3D version even more over the 2D.

I did watch the 2D first, which was kind of cool as I could take in the 3D effects more without worrying about the story so much.

2D = 8/10

3D = 9/10

;)

Associate
Alien -

Only ever saw bits and pieces of a couple of these films years ago, so I've decided to watch the whole franchise properly!

7/10 - Classic film, very advanced for its time considering it was made in 1979!

Bad Teacher -

About 2 or 3 half laughs in the film and a pretty terrible story. Wouldnt recommend watching unless there is nothing on and you're completely bored. 5/10. :o

Caporegime
Riddick 3. 7/10

Not as good as either of the others. OK story but meh. Felt like a deleted side plot to 2.
Boring animal monsters instead of people. He also has a very nasty character in this one which felt odd

Soldato
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.

Really enjoyed watching this. It was whimsical, creative and interesting. Well filmed and well acted, it's a nice easy film to watch.

Soldato
Watched a few over the last few days:

Elysium - 7/10. Not bad at all, with a few good scenes. I looked on IMDB and there is a lot of hate for the bad guy and his accent - i thought he was very good! Jodie Foster was a bit meh and i am sure they used ADR for her!

Expendables 2 - 5/10. Meh. Opening scene was very good, but was very cliche and a bit samey! The set up for the new recruit was cringeworthy.

Riddick - 6/10. As above, Not as good as either of the others. OK story but meh. Didn't feel like there was much substance to the story, sort of .5, a bridge buildup to the next movie (make sense?) But liked the monsters, some good characters, but the dog/alien was very cliche too :(

Associate
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit

I wasn't holding out much hope but I actually enjoyed this one.

I thought Chris Pine did a decent job, as did Kevin Costner, Keira Knightley was the weakest link actor wise.

The story was actually interesting and kept me watching throughout.

7/10

Back
Top Bottom