What game did you play last?

Permabanned
Played Ticket to Ride: Europe yesterday for the first time. Took longer than the suggested time for a game but I think it was becuase no one in our group had played it before. Really enjoyed it once we got into the swing of things and definitely looking forward to playing it again.

We also played Are You a Werewolf but as we only had 7 people the games finished too quickly (in my opinion).

We've just played a 4 player game of Ticket to Ride: Europe, took maybe 40 minutes in all, first time playing. Was great stuff, I managed to get some decent tickets and missions in russia where all the grey lines are, so was able to bash some big points early on and nail all of my tickets. Won by a single point in the end!

Soldato
OP

Pathfinder adventure card game, quite likely to be the last game before it goes on the bay unfortunately as we enjoy it but it lacks replay value and gameplay variety with just the 2 of us playing

On the plus side we won :) (another problem though as its much easier with less players due to the blessing timer)

noj

noj

Associate
played Legendary at the weekend; superhero deck building kinda co-op.
It was ok...deck building games not my favourite but this one was interesting.

Soldato
Played some Bohanza and Coup on the train to London on Saturday - the other people in the carriage seemed quite interested!

Also played a couple of 6 player games of 7 Wonders last night. Still can't work out the best strategy for that game but love it anyway.

Commissario
I spent the weekend wargaming at a friends house.

Friday was an Apocastike game (house rule variant of Apocalypse and Planestrike).

Tyranids vs Eldar and Dark Eldar, with the nids having to kill the original 3k work of "good guys", and depending on who held what, and what had been killed reinforcements could be called in.

The nids lost handily, mainly because we didn't have enough heavy stuff to take the Reaver etc out (the heirophant worked reasonably well against the Cobra).

Then Saturday we had a game where the nids had to help hold the labyrinth (Zone Mortalis) where a "old one eye" was being held, with points awarded for each of several objectives held at the end of each game turn.

Again the nids got fairly well beaten in terms of units lost, but we held enough objectives and kept the labyrinth secure until the end of turn 4, when a squad of dark eldar cabelites and a single wraith guard got in and started slaughtering the defending genstealers (the labyrinth was being played under combat patrol rules as a side game).

The noble nids one, but it got ended up with old one eye fighting off 5 cabalites one at a time, and down to a single wound before he killed the last of them.

We won that game overal (we stopped at turn 4 because we worked out turn five wouldn't have made enough difference) at something like 21 vs 28 points.

My rolls were alternating between terrible and just plain bad, right up to that last fight in the labyrinth when I was rolling really badly for attacks, but great on saves.

We also played a couple of games of Cards against Humanity which were great, with a surprise winner (not me, but I think I shocked a couple of our friends with my sense of humour being really rather dark/wrong).

Then on Sunday we played a large X-wing game and a basic/starter Infinity game.

Soldato
played Legendary at the weekend; superhero deck building kinda co-op.
It was ok...deck building games not my favourite but this one was interesting.

Legendary Encounters is much more interesting. It emphasises teamwork, has an optional traitor mechanic and when Legendary Encounters: Predator comes out this month it will add a full competitive variant.

Soldato
Forgotten to post in here for a few days so here's a quick rundown:

Tuesday: Tsuro
Wednesday: Lords of Waterdeep
Thursday: Stone Age
Friday/Saturday: NOTHING :eek:
Sunday: Dungeon Roll, Peasant Buffet, Exploding Kittens, Epic Spell Wars, Pairs

Soldato
Tuesday night's game was Praetor. It's a clever worker placement game where your workers are dice. They gain experience as they work, achieving more with each action, but once they get to peak experience they retire. You score points for retiring workers, but you can't use them any more and you have to keep paying them. I ran away with the game because I was the only person who'd played before and the other players let me build far too much, but they still enjoyed it.

Soldato
Had a 2 player game of Thunder Alley which went by very quickly. Got a yellow flag restart just before the finish line and I played the wrong card allowing my dad to sail to victory :p

Soldato
Sisters birthday last night so a few of her presents came out

Cards Against Humanity - Her father in laws first time. He was amused.

We Didn't Playtest This At All - Randomly stupid and everyone loved it.

Associate
All played yesterday

Kaosdball - Fun game, but can be hampered too much by your card draw. Plus whilst being a sports game, it has similarities to Arcadia Quest, which is the better game.

Broom Service - Again fun, but definitely the weakest of the 3 Kennerspiel des Jahres entries. Poor rule book and component quality. The brave/cowardly action selection is interesting if a fairly obvious choice (don't bother risking it unless it either doesn't matter or you're in the last 2). Still would like to give it another go.

Merchants & Marauders - Probably the best of the open world trading/pirating games (Xia, Firefly etc). Slows down a little but too much on the port/goods actions and the fights can also be a little slow (and brutal), but both going legit and piracy seem equally valid victory routes which can't be said about others.

Marvel Legendary - Excellent cooperative deck builder. Maybe a little simple with the cards we had (sometimes not enough decisions, hands played themselves), but I suspect different cards & expansions have improved upon that. Isn't fun to put away though.

Back
Top Bottom