What game did you play last?

Soldato
As we have a "what [Blank] did you [Blank] last" in most forums i thought we could do with a tabletop one.

As with other threads basically what did you just play or play last night/week etc...

Basic rundown, outcome, house rules used and general feel of the game is more than welcome to make this more than just a list of titles :).

I suppose i should start as i played Space Hulk: Death Angel with my 7 year old daughter last night. We played a single player (6 Marine) version to help her understand the rules and she had got them by the time we had finished.

Best bit of it all is that we won :D which surprised me as we was down to a single marine before leaving the first room, this actually helped as one of the rooms stated we drew as many blips as remaining space marines so it made the room very simple. (Can’t remember if it was Gideon or Lorenzo but whichever it was meant that on defence we only needed a skull to survive and my daughter did all the rolls and got very lucky).

Another plus is she loved the artwork of the aliens (genestealers) and even my 3 year old joined in every now and then to have a roll.

This was only my second time playing it and after failing miserably the night before i thought it was going to end the same way.

Soldato
OP

Pathfinder adventure card game, quite likely to be the last game before it goes on the bay unfortunately as we enjoy it but it lacks replay value and gameplay variety with just the 2 of us playing

On the plus side we won :) (another problem though as its much easier with less players due to the blessing timer)

Soldato
OP
Had an Amazon order delivered today and ended up having about 20 rounds of Batman: Love letter - excellent quick game that my 7 year old loved (very tempted to pick up the adventure time set too as its soo cheap)

Also had a game of star realms with the wife which was great fun (I loved the app so decided to take a punt) its also a cheaper entry to deck building for my wife before hopefully picking up Marvel Legendary.

Also got Ticket to ride Europe delivered but I'm working tomorrow after a 12 day break so that will wait for another night

Soldato
OP
Played a couple of games of Star Realms with the wife again last night, she has downloaded the app to her ipad so she can practice more. (ended 2-0 to me:))

also played a quick round of Love Letter again.

Soldato
OP
Had a game of Magic: the gathering with the wife last night as we purchased the armed and dangerous clash pack.

its the first time either of us have played off the app so it took a while but we both enjoyed it, just need to understand the rules a bit more so its a more streamlined game.

Soldato
OP
A couple of games of star realms along with another learning attempt at Magic: the gathering

Plan for the evening is to have another quick game of mtg then open and pop our ticket to ride cherry with the Europe edition :)

Soldato
OP
As with my wife's post above we had a bit of a gaming day.

4 games of magic the gathering, she destroyed me in a quick game of star realms, a few rounds of Batman Love letter while waiting for dinner to cook and managed a game of Ticket to ride Europe with our 7 year old.

Soldato
OP
Our family addiction to CCG's are going too far, now playing MTG with the wife and Carfight Vanguard! with my 7yr old daughter who has become addicted to the anime.

been playing both a lot recently but now kids are back at school it will become more of a weekend/evening activity.

Very impressed with Vanguard, i wasnt sure at first but the rules are simple enough and we are using the trial decks so they are quite well balanced and along with the luck the game brings itself we are about equal win % currently. it doesnt have the addictive collecting quality of MTG as the game is simpler overall and due to the luck aspect of the trigger system its more approachable.

Soldato
OP
Played a few games of Cardfight Vanguard recently with my wife and daughter.

most recent pickup as far as board games go was MTG:arena of planeswalkers, i had a game with the wife the other day and its very good on first impressions, made a lot of mistakes such as forgetting about hidden cards and abilitys of creatures but all round seemed very promising with a lot of potential when the expansions are coming and you get to customise the decks more.

picked up the 4+ verison of mouse trap as my youngest keeps wanting to join in more and helping mum or dad on a game doesnt go down that well... its very... meh... but its very cut back and purly luck based... i think ill customise a dice as the spinner doesnt work well imo.

also played a lot of snap with my youngest, turn out spare MTG basic land cards work perfectly for this with the 5 different classes of: sunny, fire, water, trees and spookys acording to my 3 year old :)

Soldato
OP
had an early Christmas day yesterday that turned into a sort of family game day.

Played a good few games of Dobble and Dobble kids edition.

I got the wife Carcassonne for Christmas and its the first time we have played it... then we played it again later that night as it was a very simple but very fun game.

the kids got me both starter sets for Star Wars X-wing and I had a quick tutorial game with the wife yesterday, very fun and already loving the idea of having a small army each in a death match.

also got the eldest Monopoly junior as she sees monopoly as a board game, I must admit I enjoyed it a lot more then I remember traditional monopoly as its stripped back to basics and only lasts about 30 mins.

finally got the youngest Shopkins Frustration... I understand why its called frustration, I did argue it should be called ******** after I got stuck and for about 14 turns didn't roll my final needed six... unfortunately it goes on for a long time and the youngest did get bored before the end of it.

end result it I love Carcassonne and X-Wing, Dobble games and Monopoly Jr are great simple family games.... lets just say ill only play frustration when asked by the kids!

now to try find the time to give Zombicide a game, my wife and I both got a MTG commander deck each so need to give EDH a go and also I still haven't had a game of Star Wars: Imperial assault so maybe try having a game of that before new year.

Soldato
OP
My daughter has decided to complete the CCG circle and decided to get addicted to the YuGiOh original series on Netflix, picked up the Yuya/Declan 2 player starter set and although we are only playing with 21 cards each compared to the normal 40+ it was a very enjoyable game and well balanced.

the math is a bit more complex then Pokémon or Cardfight Vangard but never to a point of too difficult for her and the flow of the game went really well.

I still think I prefer MTG but i think shes a bit too young just yet.

Soldato
OP
Also got in a game of Forbidden Island which we hadn't played before. Very similar to Pandemic (job roles, hold back the water rather than the infection) but you have to get treasures (4 identical cards and be on the same spot as a treasure icon) and then everyone has to get out (ala Zombies!!).
Was fun. Only had 4 tiles left in the end so it was close.

I really enjoy forbidden island, its by the same guy who designed pandemic (and forbidden desert) and it shows, I find that a couple of the classes make the game much easier then others but its a very fun 30 min game and with a very simple rule set its easy to show new players.

Soldato
OP
Had a lot of gaming since being back from the expo. Multiple games of animal upon animal and ice cool with the girls, played zombie dice and dungeon roll leading up to the expo and had a couple of nights playing arcadia quest and super dungeon explore forgotten king (bit disappointed with this one) and also picked up descent and had a go with the new AI app.

Really impressed with arcadia quest and ice cool is really good fun, looking forward to many more games of all the games

Soldato
OP
I haven't updated in a while but I had my first game of Descent 2 with the road to legend app with my wife and it went down surprisingly well, played a few games of King of Tokyo and Animal upon Animal with the girls too.

Also picked up Takenoko Thursday as something a bit lighter (and also it looks so nice) but still haven't had a game - hopefully this evening.

I need to stop buying games but with 3 weeks off work coming up I am hoping to get some good painting and gaming sessions in. Current un-played list off the top of my head is XCom, Takenoko, Ninja All stars, Blood Rage and Sherlock Holmes consulting detective.

Soldato
OP
Had a game of Takenoko yesterday afternoon and was really impressed, there are no outstanding moments and its relatively light but it was a very nice relaxing hour of play, although you are playing to win the fact you have no idea what the other player is trying to score with means there is no real conflict and a lot of the time you end up helping your opponent inadvertently.

it also looks very nice on the table :)

Soldato
OP
A weekend off from the kids but as money is short we have had a day in playing some games.

First game of adventure time card wars and we were both very surprised how much we enjoyed the game

Did the first mission on zombicide black plague but due to needing to kill an abomination it took nearly 2 hours as the first torch was about 2/3 down the search deck so we ended up running around hacking zombies up and running in buildings to search so we could finish off the abomination.

Finished with a lazy game of ticket to ride as it's always a simple game to finishow on and never any real stress.

Plan to get a game of blood rage in tomorrow morning and maybe descent with the app tomorrow evening once the girls are home and in bed.

Soldato
OP
Been a while since I posted anything on here, so recent plays have been:

Scythe
Eldritch Horror
Ticket to Ride (picked up the original as Europe is my wife's top game)
Pandemic Cthulhu
Elder Sign
Patchwork
Potion Explosion
and
Roll for It

although we lost with one turn I really enjoyed Pandemic Cthulhu. Eldritch Horror, Scythe and Elder sign I played solo and the simplicity of Elder sign I think won out but I feel Eldritch Horror will shine when every other move doesn't need a rule check. Scythe was very nice, looked great on the table but I don't want to judge until I have had a normal game and not the automata system.

Also picked up Keyflower and Castles of Burgundy but yet to play them and also picked up Agricola all creatures as a 9th birthday present for my daughter.

Soldato
OP
Played roll for it and ticket to ride europe with my wife, sister and parents last night.
my dad is very non gamer although he loves card games on his tablet and pc it took a bit of persuasion from my wife to get him playing but after playing Europe he willingly agreed to bring the USA map on holiday when we all go away next year.

I'm classing it as a big step as his idea of board games is still monopoly and after the initial struggle that no dice were involved he ended up coming 3rd but would have been within about 10 points of winning if he completed his primary route.

Soldato
OP
Had a game of colt express this afternoon with the wife and eldest and a game of jaipur with the eldest as she's off school with what was a stomach bug but she came back to life after lunch.

Picked up colt express cheap on amazon.de but needed English instructions, very impressed with the game a nice mix of luck and planning especially when you play your moves face down.

Back
Top Bottom