What have you done to your car today?

Don
Looks great Will Gill. The paintwork on my M3 is in a much worse state though, so take heart! It's also got an annoying large number of dents, scratches and scrapes from careless ****wits over the past 5 months where we've been living in a rented house and it's been parked on the main road :(

Sadly I think at least two of these sections are going to need paint, and then the whole thing needs a really good going over by a professional to bring it up to standard.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers matey, I'm sure I shall update my progress at the end of today, I'm sure everyone can('t) wait :D

Soldato
Had that happen on my Glanza V in those really cold temps at the start of the year, was just left there holding a bit of the handle thinking wtf. :rolleyes: Drivers side top door hinge also needs replacing as the door has started to sag slightly.

Luckily never had that with my Glanza, this is on my Abarth 500 looking online it's a common fault, not that it was the easiest thing to do as you've got to strip the door down to get to the bolt holding it all together.

Soldato
On my MGB, I swore by using a good quality silicon spray once a year on all the door linkages, locks, handles and rods. It stopped any moisture forming so it didn't freeze up no matter how cold it was.

Caporegime
I'm reminded of the time I couldn't get in my Polo because the lock was full of ice, so I heated up my key with a lighter and melted the ice out, and was then able to unlock the door (with quite a bit of effort) - Only to discover that I couldn't pull the handle either. Boiling water to the rescue. :p

Don
So I know 'beading' (sp?) is all the rage, went out this morning and found it obviously covered in dew, the areas I'd ceramically coated had noticably smaller beads, is that to be expected?

When blown upon (!) it formed a lovely big drop which flew off straight away, which im presuming proves it's hydrophobic?

APxk7aw.jpg

Soldato
Corrrr. @Hyburnate look at da beadzzz!

It's Moonlight, it's an epic product. Applied it to my Leon about a week before I wrote it off. Best beading car in Coparts entire stock at the time :p
Phew thanks very much, though't I'd ballsed something up :D

On with the polishing show, I now have about 8 people queuing up for me to do theirs! Will have to find more polishing products!
Haha, I know that feeling. Did a Fabia at the weekend, came up lovely but now the neighbours are all after it.

Soldato
On with the polishing show, I now have about 8 people queuing up for me to do theirs! Will have to find more polishing products!
looks good - How do you clean up your mop heads - bucket of soapy water & spinning them ?
was maybe surprised to see the sunenemy too - often dries off polish solvents fast, so need additional product and no slacking.

Soldato
Looks great! Just wait until tomorrow though when it's back to being grey :p

As a side note - those tyres. I'm guessing they're Pirelli's? It might sound really nerdy, but I really don't like the tread patterns or sidewall design on Pirelli's as they look remarkably like ditchfinders. Michelin have got the best looking tyres, followed by Continental.

Soldato
Not something i've done but I finally got a refund of £108 from my recent fitting of two tyres by Kwik Fit mobile. The fitter scratched an alloy and after chasing, finally got what I consider a fair refund.

Caporegime
Borbet are fine. Very popular in the classic BMW scene. Though I personally dislike most of them.

Changed oil and filter on the Corolla. Dipstick is ridiculously hard to read with new oil.

Last edited:
Soldato
First wash of the Legacy since I've had it (4 weeks) - just a quick rinse, 2 bucket wash with megs ultimate wash & wash, towel dry and a coat of megs gold class carnauba wax. Not bad for a 12 year old, 92k miles car.

Tempted to do a full detail and polish with a DA at some point, but then it's never going to be perfect - there's a fair few small stone chips which have been touched up, but overall the paint is in very good condition.

Back
Top Bottom