What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
[
It's the flat light in the petrol station. Same phone
interesting - would a phone with a xenon flash fix that ?
]

leather cleaning on seats and steering wheel using LeatherMaster cleaning fluid + protection cream,
steering wheel always leaves some residue on the cloth but seat squab gives none ?
in retrospect am now thinking an electric toothbrush ? would be ideal to apply protection cream in a few seat creases.

Started trying to fix pressure washer - low flow - just need to figure out how to remove the left pressure relief valve

48230073407_d45f6d3538_o_d.jpg

Soldato
It does have some hazing (see in particular mid bonnet by the reflected light) and definitely plenty swirling but I'd agree that it isn't faded. Still better than mine in anycase! Almost likes your yours has some ppf on the front bumper, or is that just my eyes.

Caporegime
It does have some hazing (see in particular mid bonnet by the reflected light) and definitely plenty swirling but I'd agree that it isn't faded. Still better than mine in anycase! Almost likes your yours has some ppf on the front bumper, or is that just my eyes.

Taken at the same time as that rear shot.

I got a DA, just haven't had time to clean, clay and polish all in the same day.

h6b1pGe.jpg

Soldato
Finding time is a nightmare, definitely agree there. You can spread it out over several days though - paint wont get horribly recontaminated after 1-2 days driving. That way you just need to give it a quick wipe over (ONR is really good for this, your standard shampoo in a spray bottle) then start polishing your panel for the day. Took me several hours over 3 days to do the turd of a Peugeot I had a little while ago - worked out perfectly fine.

Caporegime
Finding time is a nightmare, definitely agree there. You can spread it out over several days though - paint wont get horribly recontaminated after 1-2 days driving. That way you just need to give it a quick wipe over (ONR is really good for this, your standard shampoo in a spray bottle) then start polishing your panel for the day. Took me several hours over 3 days to do the turd of a Peugeot I had a little while ago - worked out perfectly fine.

I have access to a garage but I need to drive the car every day including weekends so having a garage doesn’t help in that regard.

I feel like it won’t ever get done unless I get a 2nd car.

Soldato
Had my bumper repaired earlier on after some moron clipped it in a car park. Just a smart repair but it's looking pretty good. Also had a few areas sorted out - looked like the previous owner had taken a scouring pad to the damn car in places:

IMG-2011.jpg

Despite the car needing a damn good clean, the same area looks a lot better now:

EA7-EAFC5-9-D80-47-D9-B5-D9-21-E840-BDDDEA.jpg

Also got a wireless CarPlay dongle for my head unit. I like this head unit because it just replaces the stock screen in my 3 Series with a bigger one but it also runs Android but with the ability to toggle between the BMW UI and Android. The Android side of mine was rarely used because I could never be bothered to plug my phone in for CarPlay, but I suspect I'll use it more now.

11-EA818-E-D084-4-F9-F-BD1-F-8-B09-E5807-AEE.jpg

Soldato
Finding time is a nightmare, definitely agree there
its's hot to consider DA work anyway .. products going to be dry in no time and used up quicker.
... working in a home garage you'd also need some of those nice 4000K high output led tubes.

it just replaces the stock screen in my 3 Series with a bigger one
whose the manufacturer then ? given recent thread on after-market BM head units.

Soldato
That one is an Avin screen and my car is an F30. Mine I’d the older Android 7.1 variant but there is an 8.1 unit with faster CPU out now and a 9.0 unit coming soon.

Soldato
Front bumper resprayed :cool:. Had some lacquer peeling and an outrageous amount of stone chips for a 4.5 year old car, but sorted now and looking much healthier for it.

Now then, do I sneak in a remap before Silverstone Classic :p

Back
Top Bottom