What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Should I swap out the taillights for the euro white ones?
1Wo9KBG.jpg
1920px-2019_Ford_Mustang_GT_5.0_facelift_Rear.jpg

Top is my car, bottom is the only pic I could find.

Absolutely not! The red looks infinitely better.

Soldato
The 335d sold today. After plenty of time wasters and bruv types. A mature guy bought it. He didn't even check it properly!

I'll miss that car, brilliant car for what it is.

Transmission breaker
Don
Apply more violence. Sledgehammer. :p

Much bodgejobbery ensued. The new splitter made short work of the passenger side.
Drivers side needed me to grind out he splitter to make it fit nicely, make a shim to make it tighter, then it broke the threads when it was finally getting close.
So I used a pickle fork to whack down between the parts of the splitter with the back of an axe...
Finally it gave. I actually shouted out loudly YES on my driveway.

All back together now and got the nod from the Mrs that it feels good :)

Associate
Yes. Waiting on replies from sellers, must be away for the long weekend. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get some answers to questions/potential for viewings.

I am wondering whether to go back to Subaru when i sell the M135i. I always liked the hatch model, and a JP import STI retains the 2L over the 2.5 among other niceties

alx

alx

Soldato
The C63 is in to get detailed (interior and exterior) and for the garage to fix a scratch they caused on the rear bumper. Looking forward to see how it comes back tomorrow, nice and shiny I hope!

Soldato
Picked my car up from the body shop after having it repaired from some uninsured moron driving into the back of me. They did a great job and as a little bonus they fixed a small dent and scrape that was in the boot lid from when I got the car in the first place. Was lucky that the damage was quite minor - just knackered bumper, clips, undertray and a couple of new dents and marks on the boot lid.

IMG-4947.jpg

IMG-5316.jpg

Now the wife can have her X3 back - I've been driving it since picking it up so she hasn't even had a chance to use it properly yet :D

But an even better bonus was getting an email from the police saying that they've done the guy for driving with no insurance and that he'll get 6 points and at least a £300 fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked my car up from the body shop after having it repaired from some uninsured moron driving into the back of me. They did a great job and as a little bonus they fixed a small dent and scrape that was in the boot lid from when I got the car in the first place. Was lucky that the damage was quite minor - just knackered bumper, clips, undertray and a couple of new dents and marks on the boot lid.

IMG-4947.jpg

IMG-5316.jpg

Now the wife can have her X3 back - I've been driving it since picking it up so she hasn't even had a chance to use it properly yet :D

But an even better bonus was getting an email from the police saying that they've done the guy for driving with no insurance and that he'll get 6 points and at least a £300 fine.

£300 fine, still cheaper than insurance. Can see why many people chance it! Slap on the wrist really..

Soldato
Minimum £300 fine though so hopefully more once the courts ask him what his outgoings are. It was an older chap, perhaps in his 50s and his car was only a Peugeot 108 so if he was legit his insurance should have been sod all anyway but he claimed it had lapsed while out of the country. I don't buy that as it would've just auto renewed. The 6 points will just mean he has a harder time of being legit on the insurance front again though, so hopefully he does learn a lesson.

Caporegime
Tail light seal replaced on the E30 with a genuine BMW item (£20 for a rubber gasket... Sigh) - The issue of the boot pocket filling with water seems to be solved after extensive hose pipe testing!

Front drop links replaced on the S60 with 'roadnutz' adjustable poly dust covered items which I bought ages ago for one of my Toyotas, fitted perfectly. Knocking when going over bumps has now been cured, and the front ARB angle has been corrected to suit the lowered suspension!

Issue of a weird noise when steering in the Nippa has been cured, took the wheel off and saw that a metal contact for the horn ring was bent so that a sharp edge was digging into the steering wheel boss, bent it back into shape.

I feel all productive now... :p

Back
Top Bottom