What have you done to your car today?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Sounds about right.Have you run a quote through we buy any car or similar, sometimes it's worth getting a lower price just to avoid all the hassle with timewasters.
Aye. Up for over £2k more what they’re offering :D

I bring it on myself at times..

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Have you tried Evans Halshaw? They offered me almost £1k more than wbac.
Don't live in the UK.
The local 'WBAC' alternative was a **** take, just sold it for a grand more than what my local VW dealer offered via their web site.

£3,000 cost to change into my i3 so it could be much worse. And anyway, a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. Especially with the run-up to Christmas, etc. I just do not have the time to try and eek out another couple of hundred from someone else.

Soldato
Rear trailing arm bushes needed on the Fiesta (which annoyed me as I never even looked at them when doing the suspension anyway). I haven't touched the thing in the best part of 5 years but it just seems to have got to that point in its life where a whole raft of consumables have failed at the same sort of time.

Pic of a dead bush for the uninterested

IMG-20191209-125036.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Narrowly avoided a head on collision. A van must have tried to avoid a rock/log and started veering onto our side - plastic and glass flew over and under the car. Fortunately mine isn’t damaged, but plenty of glass to clear (not mine).

Edit: well I have some glass embedded in my front bumper and the lower lip is out of alignment, but it could have been much much worse.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got my rear tyres and tracking done yesterday since I recently found out my rear tyres whilst had tons of tread left on the centre and outside, the insides were completely eaten away....just before Christmas, thanks.

Got tyres and hunter 4 wheel alignment done and wow I never knew how much the alignment was out, the car completely drives differently and beautifully and fixed some issues I thought was related to something else, fallen in love with the car again.

Question though, On my Accord the rear camber is not adjustable so on the alignment machine it remained in the red, the garage recommended getting adjustable camber arms to get everything on the rear back in the green, is this worth doing?

Soldato
Got my rear tyres and tracking done yesterday since I recently found out my rear tyres whilst had tons of tread left on the centre and outside, the insides were completely eaten away....just before Christmas, thanks.

Got tyres and hunter 4 wheel alignment done and wow I never knew how much the alignment was out, the car completely drives differently and beautifully and fixed some issues I thought was related to something else, fallen in love with the car again.

Question though, On my Accord the rear camber is not adjustable so on the alignment machine it remained in the red, the garage recommended getting adjustable camber arms to get everything on the rear back in the green, is this worth doing?
Depends on how far out they are.
If it's quite a way out, I'd do it. I doubt they'll cost too much

Soldato
Depends on how far out they are.
If it's quite a way out, I'd do it. I doubt they'll cost too much

I’ll post the alignment sheet they gave me, I think the right side was a bit more out than the left, can’t remember until I get home.

The one’s they quoted me were like £70 for the pair, which didn’t seem to bad.

Tell a lie, I have a pic

16RYAnA.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm just concerned about unnecessary tyre wear, Nasty shock when my rear tyres were down to the canvas on the insides whilst the centre and outer of the tyres were full of meat, Money I really didn't want to spend this close to christmas.

Don
I'm just concerned about unnecessary tyre wear, Nasty shock when my rear tyres were down to the canvas on the insides whilst the centre and outer of the tyres were full of meat, Money I really didn't want to spend this close to christmas.

Get the camber brackets done after Christmas then if that concerned - personally I think the toe/thrust angle was probably more of a factor, as most cars run some negative camber (especially with large wheels)

Soldato
The toe has more effect on tyre wear than camber as it scrubs the tyres as you're driving. I'd just keep an eye on the inner edge of the tyres over the next few months.
Looking at your adjusted results I'd be surprised if you have any more trouble.

Soldato
-2 on the rear isn't anything to be overly concerned with, plenty of cars run that or more as standard. I might question why the car has more neg than it is meant to though, are the springs sagging? Are the control arm bushes shot?

Soldato
-2 on the rear isn't anything to be overly concerned with, plenty of cars run that or more as standard. I might question why the car has more neg than it is meant to though, are the springs sagging? Are the control arm bushes shot?

I agree with this, if it’s out of factory specification then there much be a reason, such as worn bushes etc. Adding camber arms to “fix” the problem is just patching the problem, rather than looking for the actual reason.

Associate
My Carcoon finally arrived this week (waited 2 months!), so put the DC2 away for winter properly today.

Quick clean and driven on the ground sheet:

pFdWeG.jpg

Connected up the charger from Carcoon (disconnected the Ctek):

U8f9RV.jpg

Not sure if it's as good as my Ctek but don't want to use up both outdoor sockets I have available.

Uj9fQk.jpg

On the car:

vs9Uss.jpg

And inflated!

r8i4Tz.jpg

Still waiting for the tyre savers to arrive but that will do for now.

Back
Top Bottom