What have you done to your car today?

Man of Honour
Had four Michelin PS4S tyres fitted all round. Or so I thought.

Went out to drive it home and thought I’d check the tyres. Noticed the rear drivers side was 4 years old looking at the dot code and that it was a Super Sport so not what I ordered.

Pointed it out to the guy and he just said “Yeah Blackcircles sent us the wrong one”. If they knew, why on earth did they fit it?

Clearly thought I wouldn’t check. So now I have to wait for Blackcircles to send the right one and have it fitted again.

:(

Soldato
6sRVf4a.jpg

Getting tuned!
Running a premium gas tune right now for data logging which I'm sending to the tuners, they'll then prepare me a flex fuel tune and a dedicated E85 tune... should pick up 40WHP. Already happy with the premium gas tune, E85 is going to be crazy.

Soldato
On the way back from bristol airport, engine started making a loud mechanical clattering noise and a low oil pressure warning light pops up, immediately turn engine off and coast into a lay by (Damage is already done i'd imagine) just to find a pool of oil all over the floor, great.

Hopefully warranty covered, its a 67 plate micra with 12k on the clock, was serviced in nov 2019 and only covered like 200 miles since then.

Just to update this one, Had a surprising call about 12pm yesterday from Nissan, Car's all fixed and is ready to be collected, i was like what? Really? Cause the noise that engine was making was horrendous.

Got it back and took it into work with me this morning, drove and sounded as if nothing ever happened to it, which is good, so my mother will be pleased when she returns from holidays.

Apparantly a seal on one of the oil feeds failed thus dumped oil onto the floor.

FP to Nissan Cwmbran and the RAC, fantastic Customer Service

Associate
Just to update this one, Had a surprising call about 12pm yesterday from Nissan, Car's all fixed and is ready to be collected, i was like what? Really? Cause the noise that engine was making was horrendous.

Got it back and took it into work with me this morning, drove and sounded as if nothing ever happened to it, which is good, so my mother will be pleased when she returns from holidays.

Apparantly a seal on one of the oil feeds failed thus dumped oil onto the floor.

What did they do to remedy it though? You say it sounded horrendous, so I'd hope they had the engine apart and gone through the main points of failure due to low/no oil but it sounds like they may have just replaced the seal and oil and crossed their fingers it would make everything better! I'd be very sceptical of claims that it did no damage if they did not investigate!

Soldato
Not done anything yet, but my car is trolling me. It knows I have a fairly expensive service due next month (regular service + scheduled PowerShift gearbox service) and so now it has decided that a coolant leak is appropriate. Not just from a simple hose, but from what looks to be the radiator. Not particularly cheap, and an absolute pig of a job if I decide I can be arsed to DIY.

And to add insult to injury, one of my side skirt jacking point covers decided last night while driving along the M3 that it must go because its people need him. £55 for a replacement and that doesn't include the paint I'll need to buy. Hmph.

Associate
Recently had my fuel pressure relief valve replaced, oil change, swapped out the stock airbox for Corksport short ram intake and shifter weight fitted the other day. Not had a chance to have bit of fun in the car yet but the fuel pressure is back to normal now which i'm happy about most.

Caporegime

Wouldn't be happy with that if I were you. I'd want a new engine, or proof that it was stripped down and inspected for damage following the failure.

Of course it may well have been! But from what you say and the turnaround time I'd suspect it hasn't.

Soldato
Not sure what they exactly did but doubt they stripped the engine, They found the cause, fixed it, took it for a "long" drive and deemed it fine.

I've taken it to work today (City, dually, M4 roads) and it drives perfectly fine, I agree with you all i'm suspect also, But as it is now the car is working lovely, time will tell if something goes wrong, fingers crossed nothing more will come of it otherwise Nissan will have to explain why they gave me a ticking time bomb back.

Associate
Trial fitted a bracket, so I can hopefully slot my new Recaros in once modified.

49552341818_98e199f7b2_c.jpg

Stuck the harness eyelets back together as they had come off when the seats were delivered. Mazda wanted £110 + VAT for each side new.

49552845271_cdb6ee0538_c.jpg

Didn't do too terrible a job. Hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom