What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Triggered the engine light by sitting idle at temporary lights for ages... Same thing happened a year ago and I haven't figured out why. Code says misfire on third cylinder (it's a straight 3).

Bah.

Man of Honour
Coils
Not at a £70 per corner premium, I never found them that much better :)

Having had SuperSport for 20k miles and now on PS4S, the difference is night and day! With the PSS my car would trigger DSC just joining roundabouts from a standstill if the weather was wet/cold. Might I also add that this lucky escape thanks to DSC was when I had the PSS too!

DSC_saved.gif

(the speed looks faster than it actually was due to the wide angle lens and high framerate recording)

By comparison the 4S appear to hold traction just as well in the wet as they do in the dry. Such is the difference in modern day tyre technology advances since the PSS came out 10 years ago!

The PSS is well known for its not so great wet performance over our side of the world really.

Don
Just based on my personal experience, I had both on the audi previously, couldn't see any difference really. Both sets racked up easily 10k+ each in a variety of conditions.

So I still think the extra £300 isn't worth it - so I bought a carbon fibre armrest instead, so if and when I do crash I can look cool :cool:

:p

Caporegime
Coils

Having had SuperSport for 20k miles and now on PS4S, the difference is night and day! With the PSS my car would trigger DSC just joining roundabouts from a standstill if the weather was wet/cold. Might I also add that this lucky escape thanks to DSC was when I had the PSS too!

DSC_saved.gif

(the speed looks faster than it actually was due to the wide angle lens and high framerate recording)

By comparison the 4S appear to hold traction just as well in the wet as they do in the dry. Such is the difference in modern day tyre technology advances since the PSS came out 10 years ago!

The PSS is well known for its not so great wet performance over our side of the world really.

Cor, squeaky bum moment!

Soldato
Did you not sell your E46 track car recently? Bought another so soon, regret selling or the old one missing something you wanted in this car?

Bought a Westfield whilst my M3 went in for a weld-in cage. A week later another M3 came up for sale already caged and looked ready to go. So I bought that too. Turns out it wasn't ready to go as the guy sold me a bit of a lemon. I decided to keep the new M3 and built it properly. It's been in a 12 month build which should be finishing in 3-4 weeks!

Sold the Westfield, sold the other M3 so just down to 1 track car now.

Should be around 1100kg, slicks, 5 speed conversion, BTCC brakes, aero…the list goes on :D

OcUK Staff
Bought a Westfield whilst my M3 went in for a weld-in cage. A week later another M3 came up for sale already caged and looked ready to go. So I bought that too. Turns out it wasn't ready to go as the guy sold me a bit of a lemon. I decided to keep the new M3 and built it properly. It's been in a 12 month build which should be finishing in 3-4 weeks!

Sold the Westfield, sold the other M3 so just down to 1 track car now.

Should be around 1100kg, slicks, 5 speed conversion, BTCC brakes, aero…the list goes on :D

Sweet that shall be extremely capable machine. :)

Back
Top Bottom