What have you done to your car today?

Associate
New discs and pads, and refurbed the callipers, unsticking one of them so now my wheel actually moves freely.

97-E61304-A119-4014-B540-E0-A355-CB1-FEE.jpg

Soldato
I sold my car today. I'm glad I didn't leave it any later than I did given current affairs/coronavirus. Thankfully it was a case of the first person that turned up to view it ended up buying it.

It took a lot of work and a reduced price to get the first person to view though.

I take delivery of my new car on Friday and so I'm just very glad I'm no longer faced with the risk of having to insure two cars at once.

It really felt like a marathon though; paying the finance off, listing it in 3 places, dealing with time wasters, realising I can't just take the private reg off and sell on the same day (and then having to sort that), waiting for the V5C which just arrived in time, waiting for confirmation from the finance company that it was cleared, arranging for the buyer to visit, the test drive, transfer of ownership etc.

It's probably normal for most but for me it's just felt so draining. I think it's because I've been in a rush to sell more than anything.

Soldato
6 hours over 2 day worth of full spring cleaning this weekend. Needless to say now I ache but the results were worth it, the car hadn't been touched with any kind of paint correction since September last year, wish I'd took some before photo's the paintwork was in really poor condition, I didn't think I'd bring it back again.

Here's the list:

Full 30 minute internal hoovering session

Leather cleaned back to matt condition

Leather treated and shined

Car mats shampoo'd

Dash shined

Door shut's cleaned

Door shut rubbers cleaned and shined

Windows cleaned

Snow foam wash

2 Bucket wash

Alloy wheels polished with drill and polishing pads

Exhaust tips cleaned with Autosol

Painted work 2 stage rotary polish with Meguiars 105 and 205

Finished with Meguires NXT wax

SrNKCAz.jpg

wEfnBor.jpg

vStORHn.jpg

XXEfrQ9.jpg

LtO29to.jpg

pxpd6nN.jpg

8gVspS4.jpg

43Q0xwD.jpg

OcUK Staff
Also did some machine polishing today’s with Autobrite Blends to remove swirling and mild cutter to get rid of a couple scratches. Then car was coated in Autobrite ceramic shield. We managed to do whole car in less than two hours with two of us doing it as a team.

Results needless to say I’m blown away, DA21 polisher is fabulous and so easy to use and the paint is now like glass.

60624CC5-C5E7-4D1E-810A-48AA233FA893.jpeg 35328E12-3456-4546-855B-A1644849AEF7.jpeg EAB3106F-A7EA-4853-8BFA-633DDFA3C1AF.jpeg

Cosmetically got the car more or less back to new condition as done engine bay, whole interior and now paint corrected, wheels are pretty spotless so all good there.

Mechanically it’s pretty much spot on as Honda did a service including plugs and valve timings. Air box lid is of for glorious noise, tried nodding air box with additional cold air feeds from wing and under tray and though it was louder it still did not compare to lid of noise so I guess sacrifice a few horses on hot days for that glorious sound.

Plan on doing diff and gearbox oil next week along with flushing clutch fluid so that all fluids in car are fresh.

In a month or two time once it’s warm plan is to get it on axle stands and treat the arches and underside to boot and hamber to protect the car against rust.

Also a set of Michelin’s all round but the current wheels have really grown on me as plan was to put the set of 04/05 wheels I have on as my favourite design.

Only modification I am maybe planning is a set of Mazda 4.44 gears as I feel it will transform acceleration and make car even more enjoyable on a spirited drive and get to use that amazing gear box even more.

Also want to treat the roof, ideally want to get it jet black again as it’s faded a touch in couple of places so need to research a good roof cleaner and restorer that won’t strip the waterproofing.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
6 hours over 2 day worth of full spring cleaning this weekend. Needless to say now I ache but the results were worth it, the car hadn't been touched with any kind of paint correction since September last year, wish I'd took some before photo's the paintwork was in really poor condition, I didn't think I'd bring it back again.

Here's the list:

Full 30 minute internal hoovering session

Leather cleaned back to matt condition

Leather treated and shined

Car mats shampoo'd

Dash shined

Door shut's cleaned

Door shut rubbers cleaned and shined

Windows cleaned

Snow foam wash

2 Bucket wash

Alloy wheels polished with drill and polishing pads

Exhaust tips cleaned with Autosol

Painted work 2 stage rotary polish with Meguiars 105 and 205

Finished with Meguires NXT wax

Awesome job! Which products did you use to clean and condition the leather?

OcUK Staff
Does exercising your car count during lockdown? Asking for a friend...

EDIT: @Gibbo, loving the S2000. Careful the 458 doesn't get relegated to a cosy heated garage while you have all the fun in the Honda!

Officially I think not! Lockdown means lockdown!

You could argue going for a drive in your car in the country side by yourself will not bring any risk to you or anyone else. Unless something bad happens like you have a break down forcing you in contact with someone else or even worse an accident.

I will be resisting the urge to drive my nice cars on the empty roads as much as possible but at the same time I will potentially need to go out and do some shopping for myself or get supplies and take them to elderly mother and of course I shall not be walking.

Soldato
Officially I think not! Lockdown means lockdown!

You could argue going for a drive in your car in the country side by yourself will not bring any risk to you or anyone else. Unless something bad happens like you have a break down forcing you in contact with someone else or even worse an accident.

I will be resisting the urge to drive my nice cars on the empty roads as much as possible but at the same time I will potentially need to go out and do some shopping for myself or get supplies and take them to elderly mother and of course I shall not be walking.

And taking the scenic route :)

Soldato
Washed the car Monday, farmers working the fields yesterday, car filthy today and it hasn't even been driven. Oh well!

Not even uncovered the MX5, no point for the foreseeable :(

Soldato
which bit was the wrong way round?

In the first image, the white polystyrene on the back of the bumper was installed facing downwards, basically it could be seen behind the grille. (I suppose it could have been hindering airflow too, not that I noticed or would notice)

Edit: Found an image where it can just be seen, guess I haven't taken any front on images from low down!

foam.PNG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom