What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Clay barred the Disco, polished, then waxed twice. And did all the plastics etc. Polished up well for an old girl :D

disco1.jpg

disco2.jpg

Man of Honour
Changed the wiper blades - not exactly worth posting pictures. Also went over the door rubber with some stuff to try and restore it a bit as it is drying out badly :( not even that old.

Soldato
Swore at it and listed it on Gumtree for spares and repairs

Approaching a roundabout at approx 30mph, begin to slow down, no brakes, just a knocking noise when i hit the brakes. ?master brake cylinder
Luckily roundabout was empty thanks to the lockdown, so some engine braking and a touch of handbrake got my home

Caporegime
Swore at it and listed it on Gumtree for spares and repairs

Approaching a roundabout at approx 30mph, begin to slow down, no brakes, just a knocking noise when i hit the brakes. ?master brake cylinder
Luckily roundabout was empty thanks to the lockdown, so some engine braking and a touch of handbrake got my home
Seems like an overreaction... What car? I'm assuming this isn't the only issue it has?

Soldato
Seems like an overreaction... What car? I'm assuming this isn't the only issue it has?

Just an old 2008 ford focus
Otherwise it works well but I needed a car for work so picked up something else
Just need to get rid of the focus now. No interest on gumtree for £200!

Man of Honour
I tracked down why my passenger wiper blade was slightly erect at the wing end... Turns out the wiper arm had slightly bent! Bent it back after taking the arm off (a right mission on an E46...) and ended up re-aligning it so the blade fits perfectly in line with the driver side (was slightly lower by default).

Perfection, just how things should be.

No pictures, eat my shorts.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
It used to be a thing, can’t say I’ve noticed it relatively recently on things.

That’s not to say it’s not still done, just that I’ve not noticed ;)

I bought some front and rear pads, and rear discs for the RS3. Just need some front discs now then will decide whether to buy the bits to fit them myself, or take it somewhere to get them fitted.

Back
Top Bottom