What have you done to your car today?

I had a nightmare buffing off Collinite 476s the first time i used it, i was slapping it on really thick, though. Learned my lesson now :)

Amazing what difference a damp applicator pad makes, too.

Was at the weekend but gave the local non-english speakers a tenner to wash and clean my car out as I can't be arsed in this heat.

Bought and replaced the passenger side wing mirror glass, after the other day the glue failed and the glass bounces off down the road leaving the heater plate firmly attached to the wing mirror housing.

Its a pain to reverse park without that passenger side mirror lol

Kimbie

Insurance :'(

£460 Not bad I suppose for a 21 yo 1ncb 1.2 16v clio.

Saturday though, my bum has never been so tight.

going around a wide roundabout, 15mph ish, so not flying round it, all of a sudden, back end started overtaking me, guess driving in the snow has actually paid off as I held it and got it back straight.

But i don't know what that was all about, but now I do not feel confident in my car anymore, which is horrible, I mean its only a 1.2 but god I like to have fun in the lanes with it, but I couldn't even do that this morning.

What's the actual procedure for putting wax on?

its gonna vary from product to product, but for me i just clean the car, give it a quick once over with a cleaner wax. Get a damp microfibre cloth to apply with, but when i say damp, i mean all the water i can possibly squeaze out of it, and just wipe the cloth over the surface of the wax to get some on the cloth and apply to the car.

Looks nice mate, may I ask where you purchased them from? And you mentioned about losing the fade, is that the case?

Thanks, all bulbs were purchased from eBay, this kit to be precise. They don't fade as much as the old bulbs did but they do still fade. Whereas the old bulbs went from off and then a very gradual build up, these are off, straight away on and then increasing in brightness. I will get a video done when I have time in the evening to show you :)

Did the same in my Golf, Voxination. It looks so much better and the interior bulbs are actually useful now in the dark.

I was surprised at the difference it makes, boot has now gone from dark as anything to very usable!

Replaced hub knuckle and got aligned. Simon was right, it was the knuckle that had bent.

In other news, that mother *****ing knocking has come back after I thought it was fixed. Getting REALLY tired of this problem now.

I am not a clever man and based on this my internet knowledge category is 'Knows **** all'

I *think* the likes of 10w60 are for M-Power BMW's and Ferraris which are designed to run hotter temps than said Honda, but I'm not 100%. So it wouldn't be getting to it's operating window... which would cause wear... to the bits that.. move.

Last edited:
60 must be like syrup.

Allegedly my s50 likes it but I've not tested it yet. Original spec was 40 and I think people use 60 to cheat their way round vanos issues

I think 60 is good for an engine that's used hard. Mine running 5w40 suffers with really bad lifter noise after a session on track then parking. The 60 will retain better viscosity at the high temperatures, that's my understanding anyway.

Back
Top Bottom