What have you done to your car today?

Washed the golf, its cheapy wax is still doing really well. dried the car and give it a quick buff

cleaned up the wheels as best i could and put some spray wax on

Went to Toyota to get some service parts for my MR2. Don't think I'll ever bother with ECP etc ever again. Bloke was as friendly as you like and hinted that if I bought spark plugs I would get the oil free as some sort of service pack offer they were doing for older cars. He then put me on a local taxi firms account and knocked another 25% off for no reason at all. :confused:

Genuine oil filter & sump washer
Genuine air filter
Genuine denso spark plugs
5L Toyota branded 5w30 fully synthetic oil

All for £28, very happy :)

Damn, that is cheap ! I take mine to Toyota too because they are reasonable but never thought it would be that cheap, surely the oil alone would cost that much.

someone scratched back quarter panel, about 4 inch long, been ion body shop for panel to be resprayed, 350quid but they have dine an awesome job

1098495_705984806084043_1834798974_n.jpg

Washer pump is here. Brand new 4.99 with shipment love em Prices :D

Bought a full Recaro interior for my Celica ST205 GT4. Quite a rare item for these cars, so cost a fair amount :O. Only issue is the seat clip doesn't work with my current seat buckle, so I'll be swapping a few bits over this weekend to get them installed.

One of my number plate light bulbs blew so I installed LED ones, which went surprisingly well.

9409333936_990d3a2ef7_b.jpg

9409333796_9af72cc0dd_b.jpg

Then I decided to take the front wheel off so I could drop it off at lepsons today to get it refurbed. That didn't go so well.

9409333556_8db1a3629d_b.jpg

Anyone got any tips on how the **** I'm meant to get these out?

Spray in a load of penetrating oil and go out and buy a stud extractor kit.

If you can get them out without damaging the hub I would go over the internal thread with the correct size tap just to clean them up.

Then when you put the new wheel lug nuts in add a light coating of copper grease to each, it will prevent it from happening again.

Probably a good idea to go around the car and do each corner, especially if you can get the others out without snapping them.

Last edited:
How did you manage that?

I would take the caliper off, remove the disc, spray penetrating fluid onto the hub (leave for at least an hour) and use some mole grips to remove the studs. Hopefully it is on a driven wheel so you can lock it in gear.

If you can get them out without damaging the hub I would go over the internal thread with the correct size tap just to clean them up.

Then when you put the new wheel lug nuts in add a light coating of copper grease to each, it will prevent it from happening again.

Probably a good idea to go around the car and do each corner, especially if you can get the others out without snapping them.

How is a stud extractor going to remove those?

Based on other studs i've seen they are pushed in from the back of the hub and have a small plate / head on, you can't pull them through the hub i.e. with a stud extractor.

They should 'just' tap, erm bash.. out?

Thanks - a few other people have suggested doing that so I'll probably have a crack at it tomorrow. Currently looking at stud extractor kits as I'm not sure exactly what to get.

How did you manage that?

I would take the caliper off, remove the disc, spray penetrating fluid onto the hub (leave for at least an hour) and use some mole grips to remove the studs. Hopefully it is on a driven wheel so you can lock it in gear.

It's a front wheel and the car is a RWD auto so don't think I can lock it in gear. No idea how I managed it - I was just using standard tools and anyone who's met me will know I'm not the most powerfully built guy in the world :p

How is a stud extractor going to remove those?

Based on other studs i've seen they are pushed in from the back of the hub and have a small plate / head on, you can't pull them through the hub i.e. with a stud extractor.

They should 'just' tap, erm bash.. out?

From the picture I thought he had snapped the heads off his wheel bolts, I didn't think they were actual suds which have nuts screwed onto the end.

Stud extractor should work to just grip what is left of the thread and unscrew them.

If they are studs pushed through with a plate on the back then what I suggested will not work and you should just knock them out.

From the picture I thought he had snapped the heads off his wheel bolts, I didn't they they were actual suds which have nuts screwed onto the end.

Stud extractor should work to just grip what is left of the thread and unscrew them.

If they are studs pushed through with a plate on the back then what I suggested will not work and you should just knock them out.

Yea, i think the XJ uses studs (depends on the XJ i suppose), but i could be well off the mark with that.

Yea, i think the XJ uses studs (depends on the XJ i suppose), but i could be well off the mark with that.

You are 100% right and I was wrong.

Just looked it up and the XJ has studs inserted from the rear of the hub.

Geekman, forget everything I said (except the copper grease bit) you need to remove them from the rear of the hub and not try to pull them through.

You are 100% right and I was wrong.

Just looked it up and the XJ has studs inserted from the rear of the hub.

Geekman, forget everything I said (except the copper grease bit) you need to remove them from the rear of the hub and not try to pull them through.

Still think it depends on the XJ mate, back in 2001 - 2005ish i can't imagine the Jag parts bin being all the organised :p

Just to add another dimension, some studs are screwed into the hub!

Back
Top Bottom