What have you done to your car today?

That's how you enjoy a car :)

Have you had rod bearings done yet?
Back in 2019 yeah by Redish, that was at 114k miles, so 36k miles ago which means I have at least another 65k miles before I should consider them being looked at again, although they've been done under my ownership now and I never rev past 2500rpm until the oil has reached nominal so the bearings should now be for the long haul, plus they are the revised shells not the originals which tended to fail sooner.

Survived Combe couldn’t solve wheel speed sensor issue even after getting a new one no abs and gearbox wouldn’t change down early enough Anyway was good fun
mTkT1lh.jpeg

6gCeRdj.jpeg

Fly by

Wheel speed sensor isn't going to be the issue most likely, it will be a reluctor ring which has corroded. This is quite common and the ring just needs replacing. Can buy pairs for £20 on ebay and then that's sorted for another decade or so until they corrode again. In extreme cases the ring expands and rubs against the abs wheel speed sensor damaging the surface so then a new sensor is needed after changing the ring(s).

Wheel speed sensor isn't going to be the issue most likely, it will be a reluctor ring which has corroded. This is quite common and the ring just needs replacing. Can buy pairs for £20 on ebay and then that's sorted for another decade or so until they corrode again. In extreme cases the ring expands and rubs against the abs wheel speed sensor damaging the surface so then a new sensor is needed after changing the ring(s).
Changed rear left with rear right and got the speedo back at lunchtime. There reluctor rings are inside the wheel bearing. Speedo is driven off rear left wheel. There is no separate reluctor ring on the E92 M3s

I collected a new front left sensor from BMW melksham at 8:30 and fitted at the track which solved the flicking speedo when car wasn’t moving. None of them have signs of damage. Hoping a new rear right will sort it. Oddly it was fine the moment I left track to my mates house an hour away. Then when started it later all the codes came back again. BMW wheel sensor joy

Last edited:
E92s have aged well, saw a M3 out today it looked and sounded great.

I had a similar issue with my Golf, it was the wheel bearing causing the gap to increase and flag faults you could clear it and get a day or two before it came back. There was no wheel bearing noise and spun smooth it was only when moving the wheel you could feel a little play.

Had a heat shield lying in my garage for years used it to make some oversized washers to fix the lose heat shield on the parents fiesta, fiesta no longer sounds like skeletor w****** in a biscuit tin.

Got my wheels back on today from FA Wheels. Diamond Cut = GONE. Shadow Chrome with anthracite inners = IN.

xaigLgm.jpeg
A6BZjPX.jpeg
yyeBYgH.jpeg
AMHqe7r.jpg

(yes one M sticker fell off, stuck a spare on I had on, doh...)

Car is now on 150k miles :eek:
Gorgeous finish!!! Even though not a beemer fan, this for me is the model I liked the most PLUS those wheels look great! Soo perfect for the car!

• Love
Reactions: mrk
To me they are a timeless design, just like the E46 both inside and out. Every so often a car make will get the styling combo just right and this is one of those times :cool:

A little closer look at the finish now after a few days:

And today I restored the faded cowling plastic using Gtechniq T1 tyre gel (long lasting):

X9JfnIL.jpeg

Then Gummid up all the rubber seals:
aqGzUD6.jpeg

But like with all tasks, a brew beforehand to get into the mood :D

7rJnjH6.jpeg

Last edited:
Installed a dash cam in my wife's car, £20 from Rainforest and include a 32GB sdcard. How do they do it so cheap? I bet some labor exploitation plus foul the environment somewhere in China

no GPS but connect via WiFi to Phone app to view live and recorded, still testing it at the moment, day time seems ok and numberplate can be read from 2 car length in town. Will see how it is for night, £20 can get you much with today's money.

To me they are a timeless design, just like the E46 both inside and out. Every so often a car make will get the styling combo just right and this is one of those times :cool:

A little closer look at the finish now after a few days:

And today I restored the faded cowling plastic using Gtechniq T1 tyre gel (long lasting):

X9JfnIL.jpeg
Have you tried their C4 trim restorer, 1 year on and mines still looking great.
Unless their T1 gel is just as good.....lol

No idea! I got the T1 for my tyres but it just so happens that it feeds plastic trim as well so two birds one stone :D I'll see how long it lasts though and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom