What have you done to your car today?

Fitted some xenons to the E46. Won't put pictures up as they've been modified slightly and I fear the backlash from Fox :p

Also ordered some MTEC hybrid wiper blades, they look similar to OEM so should look reasonably good on the car - and hopefully perform well on the car too.

I don't rate the MTEC hybrid ones at all really, the driver side doesn't make fulll contact in the middle mid wipe leaving a wet patch on the downstroke. I've gone back to Alca blades for the E46, just such a better blade in both design and wipe quality across the entire blade.

Also, questionable mods on the E46? You sicken me!

As Shaun says, wheel woolies are amazing. If your wheels are anything like mine to get between the spokes properly clean you'll need to wrap a microfibre around the handle of the smallest brush, but the rest of the woolies make short work of the rest of the wheel.

Cool cool, I look forward to the elbow grease to come :D

Finally finished off all the brake hoses, lines and calipers refurbished and new pads etc.

Had my wiring loom back after having it converted from 1.3 car to 2.0 injection.. started fitting that and then realised I had no place to put the ecu..

Fitted easier parts on engine.. New alternator belt, knock sensors etc..

All on my mk1 golf

I don't rate the MTEC hybrid ones at all really, the driver side doesn't make fulll contact in the middle mid wipe leaving a wet patch on the downstroke. I've gone back to Alca blades for the E46, just such a better blade in both design and wipe quality across the entire blade.

Also, questionable mods on the E46? You sicken me!

Cool cool, I look forward to the elbow grease to come :D

Oh bugger, I was hoping they'd be good as they looked like they'd suit the car perfectly. I may return them and try the Alca's if you rate them.

The Bosch ones on currently are waaaay past it either way so need to go ASAP!

Spun the '5 last night.

Sweeping left hand bend, 50mph roughly. No changes in throttle position or steering angle. Felt the back go light and start to step out, kept the power on got some opposite lock on and it started to straighten up then decided to chuck me the other way,spun 180 degrees and came to a stop on the wrong side of the road.

Fortunately there was nobody else around and I managed to not hit anything.

Now you perhaps see why Swiftcover are reluctant to insure a 23yr old on an MX5......

You were fortunate, I'd guess their stats say most people your age in similar situations aren't.

Ordered stand alone ECU so i can properly fuel my new engine! Just got to order all the other bits to go with its! (TPS, various sensors). Then I can finally play!

Oh bugger, I was hoping they'd be good as they looked like they'd suit the car perfectly. I may return them and try the Alca's if you rate them.

The Bosch ones on currently are waaaay past it either way so need to go ASAP!

Yeah the hybrid ones are the only aftermarket ones I've seen so far that really suits the E46 arms and looks oem but sadly for me the wiping was poor and the fit was too wobbly for my liking.

Alca will remain best for performance :)

Found out my tailgate will not open thus trapping my back up crate of beer :mad:
so i swore at it punched it and kicked it a few times, also told it i am trading it in but she won't listen and stays sealed shut :(

Finally finished polybushing and cleaning up the front control arms, just need new ball joints (These don't seem massively worn but it just makes sense to do it while they are out) and they'll be ready to go!
2urtu84.jpg

Can't believe how much stiffer they feel than the standard bushes just from holding them, can't wait to feel them on the car!

Also got it MOT'd :)

Last edited:
Came out to a completely flat tyre. Bugger.

Managed to get a puncture repair done on it and will keep an eye on it else replace the rears. I quite liked the PS3's so may get the same again.

fixed the first fault we've had with the wifes focus in 3 1/2 years. a split boost pipe between inlet and intercooler.

£10 later all sorted :)

also fitted some new pads to the taxi,

Boot organiser, it's velcro lined so won't move about:
boottidy.jpg

Some velour floor mats, said to be "deep pile" but they feel the same pile as BMW's own £75 mats. Not bad for £30 and the extra pile on the heel area should wear longer than the original mats: They come with a fresh set of retaining clips too which is nice.
mats.jpg

Now you perhaps see why Swiftcover are reluctant to insure a 23yr old on an MX5......

You were fortunate, I'd guess their stats say most people your age in similar situations aren't.

Fair comment. It's a stretch of road 5 lanes wide counting both carriage ways and 1 am I wouldn't have tried carrying so much speed if it was a time of day i knew there would be traffic, I wanted to drive on its limit so I knew where the limit was. Admittedly not the ideal thing to be doing but it's better finding out in a situation like above that on a busy stretch of road

Fair comment. It's a stretch of road 5 lanes wide counting both carriage ways and 1 am I wouldn't have tried carrying so much speed if it was a time of day i knew there would be traffic, I wanted to drive on its limit so I knew where the limit was. Admittedly not the ideal thing to be doing but it's better finding out in a situation like above that on a busy stretch of road

Stop, you sound like me and its embarrassing. :p

Back
Top Bottom