What have you done to your car today?

Did the brake fluid in the 350Z - can't tell if it feels more spongy although still could get the ABS to kick in fairly easily at ~40mph so may need to have another go at it or might just be me paying too much attention. Regardless its chucking it down now so will see how it goes for a couple of days!

What brake liquid did you put? Have you got braided lines?

Standard OEM blue tinted. Everything looks and feels 1:1 to OEM.

From http://www.mirrorjohn.com/BMW_M3_Wing_Mirror_Glass.php + cutters discount.

Auto dimming ones are £150 a pair :eek: - Dunno about you but if the car behind is glaring me I'm not going to hang about long enough to warrant £150 on mirror glass :p

I used to think the same but now I've got them I wouldn't be without them. Makes for a much more pleasant experience during long motorway journeys at night.

Got shed load to do on the car... HEL Lines, new clutch and lightened flywheel, new discs and pads, and a 1.5way LSD which I still haven't fitted!

I might do the simple things like the brakes, but the clutch and LSD I just don't have anywhere to work on the car... I will of course provide pics :)

Did do something recently - change the rear lights to LED lights, as well as the number plate lights to LEDs.

Difference old vs. new

lk6AYFKl.jpg

Closeup:

nffJ9igl.jpg.png

Night pic- not very good...

LoEfSh5l.jpg

Looks much fresher now :)

Looks good. LED brakelights are great, at night they light up everything behind you like a floodlight. :D

Are you going to change the other (reverse/indicator) bulbs for LEDs too, or leave them?

Insured it again for a year. Annoyed as I had to take the other half off the policy, she returned to her car last month after leaving it parked in a quiet street to find somebody had hit it so hard it had been forced up onto the grass, long story short, they wrote it off.
Its classed as a fault claim as the costs can't be recouped from another party. Her policy seems unaffected at renewal but cost to have her on mine has increased by £120!

Put new tyres on the 330i. It already had tyres with reasonable enough tread on them (between 3.5-5mm each), but there were no two of the same make although two did have the same tread depth.

Anyway, got a pair of Uniroyal rainsport 2 for super cheap, so threw them on. Then bought a pair of Goodyear Eagle F1's as they were reasonably cheap from Amazon (around £71 each for 225/45/17), but bought giftcards from morrisons so I get 15p off per litre on my next fill up (I can get around 67 Litres into my empty 530d).

Overall, less than £200 to get them swapped over. Happy enough with that.

Changed the dipped headlight bulbs in my parents' Mazda3 for some Osram Nightbreakers. Was expecting them to be a bit more white but they should be an improvement in any case.

Washed, clayed, polished and put sealant on it. Barely looks any different to how it did after the wash because I have to do polishing by hand at the moment and I had a major case of cba half way through, but it gave me the opportunity to top up the beading potential for when it rains.

Argh :mad:. Broke the front splitter on my 182 :(.

car_park_damage.jpg

University keeps putting up new buildings on top of the car parks and then wondering why the car parks are full. So unless you've got a reserved space or you're there at 9AM, you'll be in the overflow parking on one of the playing fields. Hence the grass in the photo.

Unfortunately the access ramp they've made to the field isn't all that great.

car_park_entrance.jpg

Have done a temporary fix at home using the Mondeo owners favourite repair method :p.

car_park_damage_driveway.jpg

car_park_damage_repair.jpg

T-Cut then Auto Glym Super resin polish followed by Auto Glym sealant of some sort or other and my 14 year old e39 looks lovely.
It looks much smarter now and I'm pleased by the results.

Gave the other halfs 12 plate Focus the same treatment (bar the T-cut which it didn't need) and that's come up very nicely too.

Six hours for both cars, but we're happy with the end result.

She did as much if not more polishing than I did! Chuffed with that bit! :p

It least you could fix the splitter with tape. I hit an 8 inch metal bar sticking up out of the ground in a car park that was supposed to be securing a gate when its open. The gate was closed so I went to 3 point to go out the other way. Broke the splitter, the radiator, the aircon rad. Made a right mess of the GFs car....

Greeted to some splattered bird poo as I walked home from work... Why me? Why always me?

rps20150303_232453_521.jpg

Luckily 476S responds well to droppings, a quick dribble of hot water later and it was gone.

I'd just take the splitter off that 182 for now, assume new ones a relatively inexpensive?
I wish!
Is that a genuine cup splitter? I expect you know the Renault price for those is astronomical! Skoda splitter time :p

Yep. It's the original Cup Splitter.

Renault list price for a new one is £218. Even the best discount price is £186 :eek:.

Back
Top Bottom