What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
OP
Chevrolet Matiz 1.0. Used as a courtesy car from a Mazda/Chevrolet main dealer!

I would normally have walked however I had a long day at work (unusually across two sites as well), it was raining and I couldnt have been sure I'd be back in time. Last time I went to this dealer I have had a Nissan Note...now that wasn't great but this was a whole different league of crapness.

I drove a chevvymatits I borrowed off a friend, I was not impressed. It was rather vague in every respect.

Soldato
OP
Well, I spent today rolling around on the drive trying to fix a few niggles I've had with the ZT-T.

First of all, a nice shiny new exhaust as the original had gone at the backbox, middle and flexi. No way that was going to be saved!
Old one on the way out:
6b0f7616-cd2b-46ea-a67c-4fe6324e7f41_zps296b54f9.jpg~original

Next, the lower engine mount. I'm sure you'll agree it was time to change (and this is probably what killed the flexi):
Backups3_zpsd685a41a.jpg~original

Aaaaaand finally, a full service with brake fluid change. Oil and filter, fuel filter, air filter, PCV filter, clutch fluid change and pollen filter all done.

It's still a bit of a shed, but drives lovely now and is actually a decent volume rather than sounding like a Chieftain tank.

Soldato
OP
Not today, but a couple of days ago I changed an injector on the ZT-T. Noticed it was 'pinking' quite badly and smoking on boost, and unplugging the #4 injector stopped it.

Luckily I had a spare here - and I was surprised how easy it was. The BMW M47 engine is known for being a sod to remove injectors from, however I was lucky and the duffer just popped straight out.

Total cost: £1.20 for a new sealing washer. :p

Soldato
OP
I can find no evidence to support this? Since we are part of Europe I'd expect them to be the same?

Besides, that still doesn't explain why I can suddenly squeeze 10L more in than I ever could. I'm so confused. :(
It's called a joke.

LOL :D

1L = 1Kg of water (at 4 centigrade). I guess our Kg is different also?
See above.
What the absolute **** are you talking ?
See above.

Soldato
OP
Not been here for a while, but quick updates:

- Fixed BCU relay problem, stupid Pektron relays going open circuit meant no horn or windscreen washers.
- Fixed fuel issue, was a bit of crud in a fuel line. 150psi of airline sorted that. :p
- Fitted the proper 45 profile tyres instead of the 40s fitted - was far too hard.

Next job, chuck a new Master Cylinder for the clutch on, and play with the power a little more. Has a rather good map on at the moment, but going to play with injectors - some lower break pressure injector bodies with Land Rover 200TDi nozzles will mean fog but power. :D

Soldato
OP
Chucked it on a dyno... :D
The dyno was pretty brutal - most were making either just about what was expected, or less.

The ZS180 (the one I saved from being scrapped!) made 193.4BHP, up from 177BHP out of the factory. You can feel it, too. :)

Incredible fun for peanuts.
It's a 2.5 V6, mods are a lovely big open cone (need to enclose it, really!), a straight through exhaust (decat done too) and it's had the fast-action throttle body from the ZT190 fitted by the last chap who owned it. Makes me wonder if the previous owner fitted the 'hotter' ZT190 exhaust cams, too.

Back
Top Bottom