What have you done to your car today?

Don
The springs are the only bit they might care about. Seats might be classed as "interior modifications" but best to ask, they might not care, the rest I wouldn't mention.

Can't remember which Trim Mazda you went with, but unless it is a "Sport" where the Leather Seats genuinely could have been ordered as an option, then they will need to be declared. (as they may make the car more desirable and potentially increase the risk of being stolen etc)

From what I can gather from a quick look at the brochure, all Mazda 3's have the same ride height as well, and couldn't see any optional "Sports Suspension", so the springs need declaring as well.

the only other mods is the DPF Gutting and the Remap.
Which they are aware of and its stated as "Exhaust Modifications"

I have declared everything that isn't an option on my car. It cost £10 for the Exhaust Mod.

A remap should be declared as "ECU Tuning" or "Tuning Box" and a % or bhp improvement e.g (+20% or +40bhp) or something along those lines - declaring it as Exhaust Modifications isn't good enough.

Soldato
From what I can gather from a quick look at the brochure, all Mazda 3's have the same ride height as well, and couldn't see any optional "Sports Suspension", so the springs need declaring as well.

its the Sport nav 2011.

Also no they dont.
the mazda 3 MPS is fitted with the springs.
The Mazda 3 Sport trim allows for an option of 25mm drop springs.

Caporegime
Ok but yours isn't an MPS, and the springs aren't the same as those offered as an option.

My car has 30MM Eibach springs as standard. I cant just fit 50MM Eibach springs and assume the insurance company wont mind, because they are the same type of springs. As much as I wish I could. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok but yours isn't an MPS, and the springs aren't the same as those offered as an option.

My car has 30MM Eibach springs as standard. I cant just fit 50MM Eibach springs and assume the insurance company wont mind, because they are the same type of springs. As much as I wish I could. :D

No No, they are.

I asked mazda for the item number for the springs.
Came back as an Eibach spring number :cool:

Soldato
Mine has got the alternative bushes and stock replacement rear arms and is very composed over a b road. Just need a bilstein b12 kit to finish it off really.

I'm going to end up spending so much money on this car, I can feel it :)

Order placed for all the bushes I need - PFS alternative subframe, powerflex trailing arm bushes and stock rose bushes (no poly ones for those) - £170 delivered and he's going to fit for £240 as it's about a days work.

Just went back to my desk and my ECU had landed back on there, might even have time to pop it in this evening :D

Soldato
Exactly this - and thinking about it, don't the MPS leather seats, have bright red MPS logos stitched into them? (i.e. clearly different to the optional leather seats that were an option)

Nope. Just slightly red cloth in the middle vs black.
I have checked all this before i started -.-

Soldato
2 month old ignition coil is looking like this:

S0u0qju.jpg

When i peel the rubber back at the top of the coil it looks even more burnt out and buggered... Sigh...

Anyone else seen anything like this? Spark splug and ignition barrel are spotless. Hopefully just a faulty ignition coil.

Associate
Put 700 ml of oil in the S2000. Checked the dipstick after getting to work this morning and it was on the minimum mark. Drove home carefully with no VTEC, got my oil and checked again to find the oil 1/3rd of the way up the dipstick. Must have been the slight slope at work!

Eitherway, 700ml of oil in the last 600 miles, that seems about right. 109k miles, a lot of VTEC and plenty of downshifting with engine braking at high revs.

Soldato
Remapped ecu installed. Between getting the boost leak sorted and that, I have to admit some wee came out when I put my foot down in the midrange for the first time.

Downside is that it had highlighted another small issue - the information display now shows loads of useful engine data and a common one to check is air mass requested against air mass measured. It's measured at the MAF, before the turbo and obviously the 2 should match or be very close. Under wide open throttle my delivered air mass spikes to hit requested but drops down again. Probably just a weak wastegate spring or diverter valve but another thing to sort out in due course

Back
Top Bottom